Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forscan

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 11:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Forscan

Has anyone used forscan on a 13? I've heard some about it, but not sure how you go about using it? Anyone?
Old 11-28-2017, 11:12 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

There's LITERALLY a 300+ page post at the TOP of this page regarding Forscan
The following 2 users liked this post by lennybg:
MrLunchbox (11-29-2017), Ricktwuhk (11-29-2017)
Old 11-28-2017, 11:58 PM
computers resurrectionem

I'm using it to bring back to life a 13 I just bought. Some of the electronics/modules were liberated from it. It has taken me several days to go through the FORscan page up top, but it was worth it. Tonight, I finally found how to take the info from the ASBuilt file and apply it. Finally, it seems like I'm getting somewhere!

I am running Windows 7 Pro on a laptop.
I have the OBDLink SX cable that came with the OBDWiz software that I bought a couple of years ago. On initial connection, I tell FORscan that my cable does not have a switch. From there I can read all of my modules and begin to get an idea what the issues are.

I understand that the FORscan thread is long, but it really is a wealth of info.

Jay
Old 11-29-2017, 12:07 AM
How's she goin' eh?

Received 588 Likes on 488 Posts

Originally Posted by lennybg
There's LITERALLY a 300+ page post at the TOP of this page regarding Forscan
This. I think you need to look better next time. As jay little mentioned, there is tons of info in it and numerous people have contributed and paved the way for others (myself included) to utilize the program to its fullest potential.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:18 AM

I understand there is 300 + pages of info. I'm computer illiterate and just trying to get started. I'm unsure of what is needed and how to purchase it.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:34 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Originally Posted by MR.FOMOCO
I understand there is 300 + pages of info. I'm computer illiterate and just trying to get started. I'm unsure of what is needed and how to purchase it.
In short, FORScan is not designed for the computer illiterate. You need to buy a bluetooth adapter, pair it with a computer (that has bluetooth), download a program to your computer, apply for a key on their website, add the key to the software, pull your data from your vehicle with the software, and save the original data, then make changes to hexidecimal values to change the way things function on your truck. Some of the changes may initially throw an error code, and they need to be cleared.

The software and the 2 month key is free, and you can get a new key over and over. The adapter you have to buy via Amazon or Ebay. Your expenditure would be $75 or less.

My advice - if you're computer illiterate, you shouldn't touch FORScan. By the way, the thread you found, in the FIRST post, answers your "unsure of what is needed and how to purchase it".
Old 11-29-2017, 11:11 AM
computers resurrectionem

No worries MR.FOMOCO. You have all ready taken you first step in learning the how to use FORscan. Asking how!

Step one. Take stock of what you already have: Desktop, laptop, android, iphone, tablet?
Step two. Depends on the answer to one. I prefer hardwired over wireless/bluethooth because I use a laptop, but that's just me. Many post in the FORscan thread talk about which connectors to avoid and which ones work best. I agree to just say no to the cheap ones.
Step three. Read and read again. Also, Youtube is a great resource as you get to see FORscan in use! There are over 22,000 hits for FORscan on there.

I'm sure you have heard it before, break it down into small parts and conquer each part. You can learn anything, some things just take longer. Have no fear!
Next question!

Jay
The following users liked this post:
digitaltrucker (11-29-2017)
Old 11-29-2017, 12:00 PM

Received 1,527 Likes on 1,205 Posts

Check my signature for the spreadsheet that has all of the info INCLUDING A HOW TO WITH VIDEOS from the forscan master livinitup.

or here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
The following users liked this post:
digitaltrucker (11-29-2017)
Old 11-29-2017, 02:12 PM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

I'm interested in this as well. I've heard guys talk about it but I never looked into it.

I was looking at this module..
BAFX Products 34t5 Bluetooth OBDII Scan Tool for Android Devices
Amazon Amazon
Old 11-29-2017, 02:23 PM

Received 1,527 Likes on 1,205 Posts

Originally Posted by Tothemax
I'm interested in this as well. I've heard guys talk about it but I never looked into it.

I was looking at this module..
BAFX Products 34t5 Bluetooth OBDII Scan Tool for Android Devices https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005NLQAHS..._PzWhAbMN3TSRT

Look at the tutorial in my sig or link provided earlier........

Only two devices are "guaranteed" to work. All others are hit and miss with a lot being miss. Don't try and cheap out on this. You are changing things on a $20k+ vehicle and if you loose connection or something during write procedure it could mess up your module. I use the bluetooth one and have never had any issues.

I am pretty computer literate though. If you don't know how to save files, locate files, or use windows explorer then you should not do this. If you can do those things then it should be fairly easy if you get one of those adapters.

Bluetooth
Amazon Amazon

USB
Amazon Amazon