Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flow thru console

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 09:51 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Flow thru console

Well I've started my flow thru console project. Console has been installed and the dash trim pieces have been ordered too. Highly doubt I'll install the shifter but use that area for switches. No clue what I'll do with the wood grain. Any ideas for that? Was thinking just painting matte black to match the radio bezel.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Black would look good. Crazy how much better interiors look with a flow through console.
Old 07-13-2015, 10:15 AM

Received 531 Likes on 407 Posts

and this is going to remain like this ? ? (see red)
Attached Thumbnails Flow thru console-console.jpg  
Old 07-13-2015, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by gregsf150stx
and this is going to remain like this ? ? (see red)
Reread my original posts. I said the project was started and those pieces were ordered
Old 07-13-2015, 01:08 PM
Is it Friday Yet?

Received 580 Likes on 440 Posts

wow looks like you did end up going with ordering all the pieces parts.

For the center console, you can always get it vinyl wrapped for a heck of a lot cheaper than painting it. You can get enough to wrap the rest of your trim pieces to match. If the vinyl gets damaged, re-wrap it and it will look brand new again. just a thought.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:40 PM

Hmm where's a good place to get vinyl? Never worked with it before. Not even sure if I wanna mess with it. Seeing as it's tan interior. A different color might look awkward
Old 07-13-2015, 02:13 PM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

I would highly recommend wrapping it with vinyl. super easy to work with, especially that piece. I am sure you have seen the other post from people who have done this (myself included), so I will give you a heads up if you haven't already noticed. The dash for a vehicle with a flow through console is different than those without. you will have a good sized gap on both sides of your console after you install all the pieces. The only option then is to buy abs plastic and fill the holes. There was a member (mamonti) who helped me do my, however I traded my truck in before filling those gaps. If you have any questions, shoot me a pm
Old 07-13-2015, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by liinxcore
I would highly recommend wrapping it with vinyl. super easy to work with, especially that piece. I am sure you have seen the other post from people who have done this (myself included), so I will give you a heads up if you haven't already noticed. The dash for a vehicle with a flow through console is different than those without. you will have a good sized gap on both sides of your console after you install all the pieces. The only option then is to buy abs plastic and fill the holes. There was a member (mamonti) who helped me do my, however I traded my truck in before filling those gaps. If you have any questions, shoot me a pm
Really appreciate it man!! Yea I knew about those gaps. I haven't thought about that part just yet.
Old 07-13-2015, 04:07 PM
Is it Friday Yet?

Received 580 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by MHPrior80
Hmm where's a good place to get vinyl? Never worked with it before. Not even sure if I wanna mess with it. Seeing as it's tan interior. A different color might look awkward
Plenty of vendors on eBay, they have them in all colors and types, from plain colors to embossed carbon fiber look.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/24-x60-4D-PR...-/131209618262

It's really easy to install, just do a quick search on youtube, plenty of videos showing you how to do it.
Here is an example, just skip the part where he disassembles his console.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MHprior80.......More important.....Where did you get the double DIN dash adaptor? Want to upgrade to a touch screen head unit.....Thanks!

Quick Reply: Flow thru console