Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crossovers

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 09:53 PM

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Crossovers

Ok, let me start off by saying I drive a 2005 Lariat and absolutely love it. My lady is looking to purchase a crossover SUV and we have spent the last few weeks looking at and test driving these crossovers. She is totally against a full size SUV and is set on a crossover that has to have third row seating. So we have looked at all, if not all crossovers with the third seat. We have driven the GMC Acadia, Buick Enclave, Ford Explorer, the Volvo, the Mazda, the Nissan, the Toyota, the Mercedes, etc. I believe we have seen them all. I have a statement and a question. First, IMO Ford is head over heels ahead of ALL competition as far as technology and bells and whistles while maintaining a very competitive price with the Explorer. I was amazed at what the Explorer had to offer. The meat & bones was also on par with all others. It was definitely my favorite and my lady's second choice.. My lady's favorite is the Buick Enclave which is my second choice. My question is: what are your experiences, thoughts and/or suggestions as far as the Crossovers with third row seating are concerned? Thanks in advice for your input!
Old 07-22-2012, 09:59 PM
Meaner than ymeski56

Received 457 Likes on 331 Posts

Should be moved to off topic?

But to the intent of your post I've heard the Ford Edge is really nice as well as really well built. The 2013 Escape is brand new this year and as you said the Explorer looks to be a great car with some off road ability as well.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:08 PM
22 Years of daily F150.

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

I'm still of the mindset that says to ignore anything GM is selling these days.

The Flex doesn't have 3rd row seating?
Old 07-22-2012, 10:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stay away from Government Motors
Old 07-22-2012, 10:12 PM
Meaner than ymeski56

Received 457 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by 1fifty
I'm still of the mindset that says to ignore anything GM is selling these days.

The Flex doesn't have 3rd row seating?
X2

And he mentioned crossovers which is what the Flex is. Not sure if the Buick Enclave he mentioned has third row seating either?
Old 07-22-2012, 10:16 PM

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

My wife has a 2011 explorer limited that is loaded. It is an awesome vehicle. It is much nicer than her gmc Denali Yukon that she used to have. We take it all over the place.

I drove it to Raleigh NC and back which was about 1k miles last month. The adaptive cruise control is so nice, all I had to do was steer! The tech in this is amazing. I wish it was in the trucks.

I don't think y'all would regret an explorer, we don't. Although my wife really wants the new explorer sport since I've upgraded to an ecoboost and she's got the feel for it now.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:16 PM
Oblivious Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Unless the times are changing I never considered the Explorer or the Enclave to be crossovers, like the Edge or others such as the new Mazda. Btw, the Edge has more interior room than the Explorer.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:21 PM
22 Years of daily F150.

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by terpfan122
Unless the times are changing I never considered the Explorer or the Enclave to be crossovers, like the Edge or others such as the new Mazda. Btw, the Edge has more interior room than the Explorer.
Just had an Edge service loaner - thing is tiny inside IMO.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:24 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasLonghorn
Ok, let me start off by saying I drive a 2005 Lariat and absolutely love it. My lady is looking to purchase a crossover SUV and we have spent the last few weeks looking at and test driving these crossovers. She is totally against a full size SUV and is set on a crossover that has to have third row seating. So we have looked at all, if not all crossovers with the third seat. We have driven the GMC Acadia, Buick Enclave, Ford Explorer, the Volvo, the Mazda, the Nissan, the Toyota, the Mercedes, etc. I believe we have seen them all. I have a statement and a question. First, IMO Ford is head over heels ahead of ALL competition as far as technology and bells and whistles while maintaining a very competitive price with the Explorer. I was amazed at what the Explorer had to offer. The meat & bones was also on par with all others. It was definitely my favorite and my lady's second choice.. My lady's favorite is the Buick Enclave which is my second choice. My question is: what are your experiences, thoughts and/or suggestions as far as the Crossovers with third row seating are concerned? Thanks in advice for your input!
I have a 10 Acadia with about 50 k on it. Love the vehicle, I got an slt with the tow package and awd. We took our hybrid camper on several long distance camping trips with it, fit, finish and ride are great. Fuel mileage kind of sucks, I get about 17 normally. But for our family of 4 it was awesome and gives us room to add some kids friends upon occasion. The wife drives it now, as I am eagerly awaiting my 13 platinum new tow vehicle, and a bigger camper of course :-) It is a nice ride, we like it a lot.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:24 PM

Received 149 Likes on 122 Posts

I have an edge and the build quality and space inside is impressive. It looks smaller then the old style escape but it has way more room and way better quality. My wife wanted an escape... Then we drove an edge. I'm not talking about the newest escape as I've never driven one but they look nice!

Quick Reply: Crossovers