Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Console -> Jump Seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 04:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Console -> Jump Seat

Hey folks. I know the console/jump seat topic has been discussed ad nauseam but it seems nearly everyone is looking to ditch the seat and install the console.

I need another seat.

The questions I haven't been able to easily find a definitive answer to: Is a console to jump seat swap in a 2012 XLT Crew simply a drop-in replacement? That is, will all of the bolts and mounting holes line up? Can I just buy a seat on eBay, or is there more to it than that?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:46 PM

Received 327 Likes on 241 Posts

Is your shifter on the column or in the console?
Old 02-27-2017, 04:58 PM

Received 217 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by redranger04g

XLT shifter is on the column. I believe a jump seat will bolt up close if not exactly the same as your console. Someone will correct me if I am wrong.
Old 02-27-2017, 07:23 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I did the swap from a jump to console in my 14 XLT. It was a couple years ago but if I remember correctly the jump seat bolted to the bracket from the sides. I unbolted both front seats and slid them back for access. I drilled new holes for the console and bolted her in also wired in the rear 12 Volt and a led light inside. Best Mod I have done IMO. You may have to re drill holes but should go in no problem.
Old 02-27-2017, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by redranger04g
Originally Posted by Chad Walker
XLT shifter is on the column. I believe a jump seat will bolt up close if not exactly the same as your console. Someone will correct me if I am wrong.
As Chad said - on the column.

Originally Posted by 4dtrkman
...You may have to re drill holes but should go in no problem.
Easy enough. I have taps for just about every size, standard or metric (assuming it needs to be threaded). Should I make sure I get bolts from wherever I get the seat? I assume those are heavier bolts than what's required to hold the console in. Or are those easily available from Ford if I don't get it with the seat?
Old 02-27-2017, 09:22 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I swapped out the jump seat for the console a few months ago.

Same mounting bracket but mine needed new screw holes as the two units have different bolt locations. It was easy enough to drill the soft aluminum bracket and tap in with self tapping screws.

BTW I have a gray xlt jump seat just sitting in a box at my shop. Has about 30,000 miles of wear on it, so not new but looks good. Let me know if you are interested in finding out what shipping from me to you would be.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by ExplodingPigeon
Let me know if you are interested in finding out what shipping from me to you would be.
I live in AK, so I already know the answer to that. An arm if you're on the west coast. An arm and a leg if you're in the midwest. An arm, leg, and my first born if you're on the east coast.

Jokes aside I appreciate the offer. If I can't find something nearby (and I use that term loosely), I may take you up on it anyway. I can get things up here for marginally less on something like this if it's barged up.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:13 PM

Say, is this the bracket you're talking about? 3rd picture on this listing..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/292037498136
Old 02-28-2017, 09:11 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Yup, that's it.

The front seats get bolted to it as well, so you have to remove them.
I tried not to when I did the swap, but ended up doing it just to get the clearance to drill it in place. Getting the front seats out and back in was pretty quick and easy with an impact gun.

PM me your zip code and I'll look up shipping tomorrow at the shop, I really want to get rid of this thing. My seat looks exactly like that one, although that one looks super clean.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:35 PM

PM'd you. Also, what's one of these beasts weigh? Someone's coming to visit in a few weeks and there's on on craigslist in their home town for a reasonable price. Is it easily airline checkable? That would probably be the most affordable way for me to get it...