Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

Leveling/Tires Question?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2018, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Leveling/Tires Question?

I just bought this ‘11 FX4 SuperCrew. Love the truck but wanted to level it and get some new tires. Im getting it done at my local 4 Wheel Parts and they suggested a 2” level kit on front and 35 MTs. I am keeping the stock wheels btw.

I am a duck hunter and will be in a little mud but nothing crazy..... this is also not my everyday ride but I will drive it a descent amount on the road.

Let me know yalls thoughts I haven’t had a truck in over 10yrs so needed some advice.

Thanks in advance
Old 11-11-2018, 11:45 PM

Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts

If it were me, I wouldn’t go full MT. I’d do an aggressive All Terrain tire. I love the looks of the Ridge Grappler and the BFG KO2s. The options seem to be pretty endless.
Old 11-12-2018, 12:11 AM

Thanks and yes the more I think about it I am leaning towards some 33” all terrain tires. What are your thoughts on the pro comp A/T Sport?
Old 11-12-2018, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by bblair34
Thanks and yes the more I think about it I am leaning towards some 33” all terrain tires. What are your thoughts on the pro comp A/T Sport?
Dont have any personal experience with them. And I don’t know anyone running them. But reading through reviews of them, they seem to be a decent all around tire. It sounds like it depends on where you live. If you’re out west where it’s drier and rockier, they’d prolly be a pretty good tire. If you live somewhere like I do, Kentucky, I’d stay away from them. Sounds like they clog easily with mud. Obviously it’s not a mud tire, but it should perform fairly well in mud here in Kentucky. Especially clay mud. For me, the ridge grapplers come highly recommended from guys who have over $30k in mods on wranglers.

The KO2s are highly recommended as well, but the price is quite a bit steeper on those.

It really boils down to what you’re using them for. If you’re a back country trail guy like me, you need better performance in wet muddy conditions. If you’re out west, you’re more concerned with puncture resistance and grip on gravel. It all depends on your needs.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:29 AM

Thanks LexPD. Im in TN and hunt over in Arkansas with similar conditions you have in KY I am sure. My wife is from Louisville and is a big UK fan.

Again thanks I think I need to just pay the extra money and get the Nitto or BFGs!

I tried to post pics of my truck on here but having trouble doing it from my phone. I’ll do it once I get in front of my computer.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by bblair34
Thanks LexPD. Im in TN and hunt over in Arkansas with similar conditions you have in KY I am sure. My wife is from Louisville and is a big UK fan.

Again thanks I think I need to just pay the extra money and get the Nitto or BFGs!

I tried to post pics of my truck on here but having trouble doing it from my phone. I’ll do it once I get in front of my computer.
Not a problem bud. I am guessing you live in western TN. I’m from Franklin, Tn, went to school in Florida, and moved here for my job now. I can’t tell you how happy it makes meto see someone coming from Louisville and is a UK fan. Haha. My entire family is from KY and then moved to TN before I was born. So I was raised a UK fan as well.

As for tires, there’s hundreds of options out there. And the research can be overwhelming. I’m sure there are cheaper alternatives to the Nitto and BFGs. But I know those two come highly recommended. I currently have the cooper AT3s on my truck. They are ok. Tend to spin in rain and wet roads a bit. I won’t be buying another set of these any time soon. But I know some guys love them. I guess it really boils down to price and your personal preferences.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:18 AM

My BFG A/T 275/70R18 KO2s are on order w 2” front level kit. Excited to see what it will look like afterwards. I wanted to go a little bigger on tires but they said I was limited w the 18” rim.

Thanks for your help.....will post pics at some point.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:41 AM

Definitely post pics. The narrow width of our factory rims limits our tires. I know there are guys on here who have gone bigger. I think I saw someone running a 295/80/18 or some variation close to that. My next set is going to be bigger for sure. I’ve got the Bilstein 5100 set on order, so I’m gonna shoot for the biggest tire possible with minor trimming.

I hope you enjoy the KO2s. I think they are one of the best tires out right now in the AT tire.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2015 and I have a level lift and had 35 Trail Graps on 18" stock wheels. It is my DD. While there is some noise, it didn't bother me and they rode great. I was able to get 75K out of my first set with proper rotation. Good luck to you, lots of choices out there.

Quick Reply: Leveling/Tires Question?