Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Help Needed: Door speakers stopped working, steering wheel control acting funny

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2022, 02:46 AM
Washed up designer

Received 401 Likes on 151 Posts
Default Help Needed: Door speakers stopped working, steering wheel control acting funny

Hi F-150 forum fam,

I got a ‘18 XLT SCREW and a couple days ago my door speakers stopped working. The only ones that work is the center dash and subwoofer. Hard to tell if the A-pillar tweeters are gone.

The radio control on the steering wheel is acting funny too. Channel toggle right will toggle left a lot. Volume up will change the source (FM to Sat radio) etc. It’s F’in annoying.

In an attempt to fix it I reset the radio twice. Didn’t help.

I also unplugged the battery for about 30 minutes but that didn’t change anything either.

Since all 4 door speakers aren’t working I’m wondering if the APIM is shot or burnt out. Not too sure if that will help the the Steering W heel buttons.

I'm also looking around the forum for similar situations and fixes but no luck.

Any help/wisdom in this will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Todd Morrow
Old 09-30-2022, 10:24 AM

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

Pull your ACM, not the APIM, and make sure the connectors are fully seated. You can try the APIM as well, but I would start with the ACM by unplugging and replugging both large connectors.
The following users liked this post:
2Morrow (09-30-2022)
Old 09-30-2022, 11:39 AM
Washed up designer

Originally Posted by dpuc10
Pull your ACM, not the APIM, and make sure the connectors are fully seated. You can try the APIM as well, but I would start with the ACM by unplugging and replugging both large connectors.
I will do that, thank you!

Question, if I need to replace the ACM would I need to get a specific unit tailored to the 8" Sync unit or would any off the shelf item work? Thanks in Advance!
Old 09-30-2022, 11:58 AM

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

You can use any ACM unit as long as you can program it with ForScan or find a truck with the exact features as your truck. Being an 18, I would get an ACM from an 18 or newer or you may have programming issues.
The following users liked this post:
2Morrow (09-30-2022)
Old 09-30-2022, 12:00 PM
Washed up designer

Originally Posted by dpuc10
You can use any ACM unit as long as you can program it with ForScan or find a truck with the exact features as your truck. Being an 18, I would get an ACM from an 18 or newer or you may have programming issues.
Awesome, thanks man.

Quick Reply: Help Needed: Door speakers stopped working, steering wheel control acting funny