Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

forscan question on 3rd party audio upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 02:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default forscan question on 3rd party audio upgrade

Ok so I have all of my stuff finally and I am getting it all hooked up this weekend:

4 speakers plus 2 tweeters
2 12" shallow subs in box
amp for speakers
amp for subs

Now in forscan, I found some mods on the spreadsheet but I am not 100% sure on which ones to modify.

I set this one even though I am not using a "kicker" sub, so I set this for any subs that I am using correct? Or is it for a special kicker sub?

Auxiliary External SubwooferACM: 727-01-01 xxx8 xxxx xxxx use this for aftermarket kicker sub & amp

This one I read about and I am still not sure. I set it in forscan and all it did was make my audio lower all the way around. Granted I have not hooked up my aftermarket amp or speakers yet, but what does this actually do? And it will not make my sound output lower?

Variable Line Level Preamp Outputs From ACM (for adding aftermarket amp without sound clipping )

ACM 727-01-01 xx5A xxxx xxxx
727-01-02 00xx xxxx xxxx
APIM 7D0-01-01 2xxx xxxx xxxx<--- this change required only if you have Sony DSP ​​​​​​​See DanMc85's post here for a write-up on this

Now if i both use an aftermarket amp AND aftermarket sub does my 727-01-01 line actually need to read xx58 xxxx xxxx? That is what I set it to, but I'd like some advice on this point.

Thanks!

Last edited by longhornsk57; 04-18-2018 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 02:53 PM

Received 72 Likes on 64 Posts

You don't need the first one unless you have the harness in the back for the kicker subwoofer... which I doubt based on what you are trying to do.

The second one:
ACM727-01-01xx5Axxxxxxxx

turned your speaker outputs into low level RCA's. That's why you can barely hear your speakers now. You are suppose to splice RCA's onto the speaker wires and hook the RCA's up to your amplifier. That is the exact code you need to use, not 727-01-01xx58.

Do this one too:
727-01-02 00xx

Defeats the factory eq/dsp. Unsure if you have the sony system or kicker system or what because you have not described your system. Do you have an 8 inch screen and 7 speakers? 4 inch screen and 6 speakers? B&O system? If your system is the B&O, then you need to read the thread about that.
The following users liked this post:
bryan_c (10-10-2020)
Old 04-18-2018, 03:08 PM

I don't know what B&O means.

It's a 2018 stx - 8" screen with I think 6 speakers?
Old 04-18-2018, 03:24 PM

Received 72 Likes on 64 Posts

B&O = Bang and Olufsen 10 speaker system.

Use these once you get your amplifiers in:
727-01-01 xx5A changes speaker lines to low level
727-01-02 00xx defeats dps/eq

Change the 727-01-01 xx5A back to your stock saved settings in the meantime so you can get it back to normal playing levels. Not sure how you are hooking up your amplifier either. Are you using forscan to convert speaker to low level then splicing in RCA's like I suggested (use the first code) with RCA's to your amp or are you using high level speaker input on the amplifier (change first code back to stock)?
The following 2 users liked this post by Kanadian-kaos:
bryan_c (09-17-2020), HushCarAudio (04-18-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 03:53 PM

To be honest I'm having a pro hook in my amps and speakers. I just don't really want to deal with it myself. I'll ask him what he plans to do then edit the forscan accordingly.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:54 PM
F150 Jr Vendor

Received 1,298 Likes on 904 Posts

Originally Posted by longhornsk57
I don't know what B&O means.

It's a 2018 stx - 8" screen with I think 6 speakers?
You don't have the B&O system. Yours is exactly the same as mine.

Serving the forum for over 8 years

Brands we sell include: Kicker, NavTV, PAC, CARiD, Dayton, Second Skin, Audio Control, Skar Audio, JL Audio, Focal and more.
PM me for special pricing as our contracts do not allow for posting prices publicly.

Old 12-18-2020, 01:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kanadian-kaos
Use these once you get your amplifiers in:
727-01-01 xx5A changes speaker lines to low level
727-01-02 00xx defeats dps/eq

Change the 727-01-01 xx5A back to your stock saved settings in the meantime so you can get it back to normal playing levels. Not sure how you are hooking up your amplifier either. Are you using forscan to convert speaker to low level then splicing in RCA's like I suggested (use the first code) with RCA's to your amp or are you using high level speaker input on the amplifier (change first code back to stock)?
This is one of the best explanations of the available audio related changes I've seen. I'm hoping I can piggyback on this thread. I am in a similar boat, I have a 2020 XL STX crewcab. 8" sync 3 system with 6 speakers. I was planning on installing an amp and subs tomorrow but then I learned that there may be some forscan changes needed. So hopefully you can help me clarify.

First, some folks say my truck will have the amp wiring for the factory kicker system, buried in the right rear pillar somewhere, yet others say the XL doesn't have it at all. I was planning on splicing into the wires behind the head unit with a FOR11-CK tee harness and running the speaker wires into my amp's high level input. But if it does have factory amp wiring maybe I should use that with my aftermarket amp? Is the factory wire present on my truck and if so, what wires are included? Is it just preamps or is it power, ground and remote as well?

Since at this time I am not planning on adding an amplifier for my door and pillar speakers, I understand I will NOT want to make the first change (727-01-01 xx5A) to turn all speaker wires into low level signal, but I probably DO want to make the second (727-01-02 00xx) change to disable the head unit's EQ? Can you confirm if I have that right?

Oh and I've also read that the rear channels carry the signal for the door and alert chimes etc. So amplifying the rear channels, or using the rear channels as amp inputs, can make the chimes too loud or otherwise mess them up? Does anyone know about that?
Old 12-18-2020, 10:48 AM

Received 1,210 Likes on 875 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Smith
This is one of the best explanations of the available audio related changes I've seen. I'm hoping I can piggyback on this thread. I am in a similar boat, I have a 2020 XL STX crewcab. 8" sync 3 system with 6 speakers. I was planning on installing an amp and subs tomorrow but then I learned that there may be some forscan changes needed. So hopefully you can help me clarify.

First, some folks say my truck will have the amp wiring for the factory kicker system, buried in the right rear pillar somewhere, yet others say the XL doesn't have it at all. I was planning on splicing into the wires behind the head unit with a FOR11-CK tee harness and running the speaker wires into my amp's high level input. But if it does have factory amp wiring maybe I should use that with my aftermarket amp? Is the factory wire present on my truck and if so, what wires are included? Is it just preamps or is it power, ground and remote as well?

Since at this time I am not planning on adding an amplifier for my door and pillar speakers, I understand I will NOT want to make the first change (727-01-01 xx5A) to turn all speaker wires into low level signal, but I probably DO want to make the second (727-01-02 00xx) change to disable the head unit's EQ? Can you confirm if I have that right?

Oh and I've also read that the rear channels carry the signal for the door and alert chimes etc. So amplifying the rear channels, or using the rear channels as amp inputs, can make the chimes too loud or otherwise mess them up? Does anyone know about that?
There is no eq to disable on factory non-amplified trucks.

To check for the plug, remove the weather strip from the drivers c-pillar panel and pull the panel out about an inch. Grab your flashlight. The plug isn't buried. It's easily visible.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dhmcfadin
There is no eq to disable on factory non-amplified trucks.

To check for the plug, remove the weather strip from the drivers c-pillar panel and pull the panel out about an inch. Grab your flashlight. The plug isn't buried. It's easily visible.
Thanks, I will take a look later today when it warms up a wee bit. So if I don't have the wiring harness then I don't need to make any audio related forscan changes for my truck?
Old 12-18-2020, 12:44 PM

Received 220 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Kanadian-kaos
You don't need the first one unless you have the harness in the back for the kicker subwoofer... which I doubt based on what you are trying to do.

The second one:
ACM727-01-01xx5Axxxxxxxx

turned your speaker outputs into low level RCA's. That's why you can barely hear your speakers now. You are suppose to splice RCA's onto the speaker wires and hook the RCA's up to your amplifier. That is the exact code you need to use, not 727-01-01xx58.

Do this one too:
727-01-02 00xx

Defeats the factory eq/dsp. Unsure if you have the sony system or kicker system or what because you have not described your system. Do you have an 8 inch screen and 7 speakers? 4 inch screen and 6 speakers? B&O system? If your system is the B&O, then you need to read the thread about that.
Would this be applicable to a 2014? I am changing out my ACM to one from a Limited for the HD RAdio. Obviously this one would be set up for the Sony. I am also adding in an external amp

Quick Reply: forscan question on 3rd party audio upgrade