Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Advent nav system

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advent nav system

Anyone have one of these installed? What are some impressions, feedback on unit. My wife works for a car dealer as parts manager, had her check price of unit with there aftermarket stereo installers, and they want $1299 installed. Kinda like unit and looking at it but want some opinions. Thanks
Old 01-14-2013, 11:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can't find anyone who sells this could you pm me the info so I can buy one? I would do the install myself.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:56 AM

Not sure if they will sell and ship , they are a aftermarket dealer that deals with dealerships. I will try and find out if they would do it.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:29 AM

I am interested in one of these systems too. I sent them some technical questions about the operation, but by watching the youtube videos they have out, so far this seems to be the best indash Nav system I have seen that works well with sync without buying all kinds of seperate components for steering wheel controls. Only thing is that if you have and want to keep Sirius, you need to buy a new tuner I guess.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:22 PM

I finally found a place that sells this unit adcmobile. Go to there site if you want to take a look at it. Now I have the Rosen unit and I'm not happy I'm on my second unit that has failed. I called adc and talked to Walt today for 45 minuets. He was very friendly and answered all my questions. My unit will be here next Wednesday according to the tracking info. The unit does everything I think anyone could want it to. It has rca outputs for a amp outputs to attach rear monitors and much more. I will let everyone know how I like it when I get it installed.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:41 PM

How much did it cost you?
Old 01-16-2013, 08:58 PM

I was asked not to say as they are not apart of the site and they do not want to start any issues. They are for dealer distrubituion but they will sell to the public. If you contact them from there web page they will let you know. Also they said if you tell them what forum you heard this from they will monitor it and if there is a thing people don't like about the unit they will use that input mad possibly change the issue in a update. Really good people.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:42 PM

Received 63 Likes on 41 Posts

I really like the Advent unit, I did alot of research and this one by far works the best with sync which I like as far as the phone and usb voice commands. I installed the unit in about an hour....I also have polk MM components up front, MM coax in the rear doors, 2 JL 8's in a ported box, Polk 4x200 amp and JL 600x1 amp. I had this whole set up using the factory non sony non nav system. I installed the advent and it immediately sounded better even though it sounded very good before. I think not having to use a LOC because the Advent has rca's and whatever built in eq that the factory unit had if any could have made a difference. I love the unit. I know kenwood, alpine have a few more features but they dont come close to integrating with the sync as well as the Advent....There are other OE styles out there but they lack rca's, sub out, eq settings etc...The Advent is the best compromise in my opinion. i have the FX trim that is gloss black matrix style but the black bezel of the advent actually looks very good and very factory. Another plus is the support from Walt and those guys at ADC. They are leaps and bounds ahead of anyone I have ever dealt with in car audio or just about anything else for that matter. They aren't a bunch of punk kids trying to velcro Ipads to the dash or put in 8 12's, just quality electronics.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:22 AM

ZYVIN, do you nessisarily need the new mic provided with the Advent unit for anything if you plan on keeping the sync for phone calls, controlling the sync usb, etc?
Old 01-17-2013, 09:40 PM

You do need the mic. The factory one is for sync and the one with the unit is for the Bluetooth on the advent unit that you use with your phone.

Quick Reply: Advent nav system