Topic Sponsor
Detailing & Cleaning Keep your Ford F150 Truck looking top notch! Discuss your cleaning and detailing tips here!

Griots ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 07:34 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Griots ???

Hello Everyone

My last car was a Miata and very easy to keep detailed due to the size of the car. I was thinking of trying the Griots one step sealant. Anyone here have experience with it??? My truck will see 3-400 miles a week highway driving and I would like something easily maintainable. Now don't get me wrong 1-2 times a year it will receive a complete cleaning and paint correction I just don't want to take on this much sheet metal every month.

Any suggestions welcomed
Jeff
Old 03-07-2015, 07:56 PM
2003 F-150 King Ranch

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by f86sabjf
Hello Everyone My last car was a Miata and very easy to keep detailed due to the size of the car. I was thinking of trying the Griots one step sealant. Anyone here have experience with it??? My truck will see 3-400 miles a week highway driving and I would like something easily maintainable. Now don't get me wrong 1-2 times a year it will receive a complete cleaning and paint correction I just don't want to take on this much sheet metal every month. Any suggestions welcomed Jeff
colinite 845 is what everyone uses. They all love it. I personally have not used any type of sealant
Old 03-07-2015, 08:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Griot's Sealant is great I use it once a year with coats of their Best in Show Wax on top about every 2 to 3 months to add to it's longevity. The sealant really needs a Random Orbital to put it on to get the best use out of it.
The following users liked this post:
f86sabjf (03-07-2015)
Old 03-07-2015, 09:43 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by f86sabjf
Hello Everyone

My last car was a Miata and very easy to keep detailed due to the size of the car. I was thinking of trying the Griots one step sealant. Anyone here have experience with it??? My truck will see 3-400 miles a week highway driving and I would like something easily maintainable. Now don't get me wrong 1-2 times a year it will receive a complete cleaning and paint correction I just don't want to take on this much sheet metal every month.

Any suggestions welcomed
Jeff
I use the spay wax from them like once a month when I have time. Does a good job. I am going to try the 845 before summer.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:46 PM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

I use it up here along with their leather cleaner,dash cleaning stuff, gold bar and glaze's. Of course the have a major garage a few miles up the road.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:11 AM

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

I've used Klasse high gloss sealant for several years on a Solstice and it holds up extremely well. Have heard great reviews on Griots products but have not personally used them.

I'm with you on the square footage of sheet metal. Got the wife to help me clay the Solstice this year in storage. 15 minutes into it she asked "Do you do THIS to the truck too?" lol
Old 03-11-2015, 08:21 PM

Received 82 Likes on 55 Posts

I've been using Griots products for 9 years with good results but I have never user their sealer. I use the Best of Show wax, their clay bar and their detailing spray.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:54 PM

Received 109 Likes on 64 Posts

I've used collenite 845 and the klasse twins. I prefer the ease of use and results of griots one step. The all in one does a great job at easily remove small imperfections by hand with my little experience.

Old 02-05-2016, 10:48 PM

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I put a coat of griots paint sealant on my truck in November. Water still beads up great. A little goes a very long way. My Screw with a 6.5' bed took me about two hours and I used less than a quarter of the bottle. I've washed a couple times on warmer days with meguiars wash and wax and used griots spray wax while drying to get rid of water spots and give a little more protection to the paint. The blue jeans metallic paint really pops.
Old 12-26-2016, 06:27 PM

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

I never used a clay bar on a vehicle until today. I used the Mothers Clay Bar with Quick Detailer and followed up with Griots Spray on Wax today. It was super easy and did an awesome job. Check out the reflection in the paint.
Attached Thumbnails Griots ???-img_0168.jpg  

Quick Reply: Griots ???