Topic Sponsor
Detailing & Cleaning Keep your Ford F150 Truck looking top notch! Discuss your cleaning and detailing tips here!

Cleaners, Wax, Uph. Products

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cleaners, Wax, Uph. Products

Hey All -- Well my 2007 F150 4x4 Supercab is almost a week old and I am needing some advise on cleaning and wax products -- what do you reconmend for the Black finish on my new truck, I have always been partial to Turtle Wax products but am wide open on suggestions. Also need advise on what to use on the exterier flat black painted parts and black plastic - I know the black plastic will start to turn white in time, trying to prevent this from happening. Also what would you rewconmend on the interier, black leather and vinyl?? Thanks for all your input in advance.

Gary G.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:14 PM

Malco products. I've used them for years and swear by them. They are hard to find though. I've got a whole stock pile of malco stuff at home in my garage! Its kinda expensive but not too expensive.

They make the absolute best waxes and finishing products that I have used.
A good carnuba wax would be a great way to preserve the finish on your truck, And as far as the black plastic trim. Malco makes a product called Bumper Brite that works AWESOME!
But you can also try Mothers Back to Black, IMO it doesnt work as well though. Meguiars used to make a product called Trim Detailer or something like that, But they stopped making it for some reason, That stuff was the BOMB!

If you want some more info on the Malco stuff, let me know, I'll see if I can dig up some stuff for ya!

And for the leather, Just some good quality Leather conditioner and cleaner, Malco makes some great stuff that i use on my tan leather in my supercab.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

as far as the plastic parts, I got a product called forever black, and it made the plastic on my 98 look new, and the results last, I did it almost 4 months ago, and they still look nice.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:12 PM

yup that forever black works great too!
Old 04-13-2007, 12:58 AM
97F-150XLT

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Where do you pick up Forever Black? Don't remember seeeing that one.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:16 AM
Ty

online, I have never seen it at a store.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:13 PM
Blue Angel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who makes the Forever Black? Do you remember the web site?
Old 04-24-2007, 10:27 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

I believe ppl have had problems witht he forever black. They say it leaves a white residue(spelled wrong) after you use it multiple times.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:40 PM
Ty

I have had no problems with it, maby they put it on over wax. I know it says that you can get crappy results if you do not use the cleaner first.

I got it out of a autozone magazine (not the store, its one of those magaznes that has all of the crap you would never need)

I will try to find it if I get a chance, and it was about fifteen bucks if a rember right.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:47 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

Sry this stuff is called Back to Black.

Quick Reply: Cleaners, Wax, Uph. Products