Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Me!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 01:05 AM
My girlfriend is white.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lead Me On The Right Path......

Well I've been browsing this forum and helping out whenever I can. You all are truly a unique group of people. I honestly believe you guys are genuinely passionate about your Ford trucks!

Now as some of you know.. I'm a Chevy man all the way. I own a 67 Camaro RS that I bought in 1991 and will never sell it. It means more to me than anything else in the world. I spent my high school years driving that old car and it is my one item that i can't live without.

I say all that to say... I think you guys/girls feel the same way about your truck! Please tell in your best words why I should buy a Ford F-150 to pull my 67 Camaro to the race track. I want to buy a new truck to not only do that but take my lady out on the town. Tell me why I should pick a Ford F-150 to do this.

Thanks

Tyrone

Last edited by CaptainWaifers; 08-01-2008 at 01:14 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:19 AM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmm let's see....
1) It's the best lookin' truck out there
2) It's the toughest truck out there
3) It has the most interior room
it may not be the most powerful truck but you don't need power to have a great truck. I'd take the quality of a Ford F150 over the power of a Hemi or a Toyota anyday of the week.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:46 AM
My girlfriend is white.

I was looking at a 1981 F350.... Midnight blue. 8 track. A/C is busted and has a lot of rust. It has a 400M in it. It says Custom on the side of it..

What do you guys think? Do you really think it would be better than a GM truck?

Thanks
Old 08-01-2008, 09:53 AM
Driver carries no money.

Got any pics of it?

How bad is the rust? How many miles? Has the engine been rebuilt? How much are they asking?

We really could use some more info?

Eagle would probably buy that 8 track from you! Good way to make a quick 5 cents!!
Old 08-01-2008, 09:56 AM
My girlfriend is white.

I still need some convincing that a Ford is in my future.

Yes I'm going to go look at it later today... I will take some pictures and post them to see what guys think. I'm kicking around the Ford idea.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:08 PM
Stolen Truck Recovered

All I have to say about this is,
1. If your on a Ford forum then your leaning towards the Ford.
2. i have had many different vehicles in my short 23 years, but the three vehicles that i have loved and drove for thousands and thousands of miles are my Fords. thats all i will ever buy now. I have had nothing but good things to say about them.
3. Look at all the trucks out there, how many of them are fords? OK, now think of this, why else would the ford F series trucks be the number one trucks sold for years now? Well, its because they are worth every penny.
thats my $.02 worth
Old 08-01-2008, 12:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01LiftedSuperCrew
All I have to say about this is,
1. If your on a Ford forum then your leaning towards the Ford.
2. i have had many different vehicles in my short 23 years, but the three vehicles that i have loved and drove for thousands and thousands of miles are my Fords. thats all i will ever buy now. I have had nothing but good things to say about them.
3. Look at all the trucks out there, how many of them are fords? OK, now think of this, why else would the ford F series trucks be the number one trucks sold for years now? Well, its because they are worth every penny.
thats my $.02 worth
agree with every bit of what he said
Old 08-01-2008, 12:54 PM
none.

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

well, in all honesty...why not get a silverado 1500 with the 6.0L and the trailer controller? If you truly prefer a chevy, why not get one?
Old 08-01-2008, 01:33 PM

Received 211 Likes on 191 Posts

My two cents' worth - one penny at a time -
1) 1981 was 27 years ago - how the truck has been used and maintained will account for a good portion of its future expected reliability. Suggest that a 1-ton truck with the base interior option package was bought to be used as a truck, not as a stylin' driveway showpiece.
2) Since you're looking at older model year trucks - suggest to take an honest look around to see how many of each from that given era are still running around. May give you a better idea of general reliability of each make, since I assume both (Ford vs. Chevy&GMC) had approximately the same sales figures - at least close enough for this quick-n-dirty analysis. I realize I am biased in my observations, but I just don't see anywhere near as many '87-'91 era Chevy trucks as compared to the numbers of Fords.

Also, for a bonus thought here, be careful when asking for 'which is better' comparisons of different models - comparing an older F350 to a newer F150 to a whatever C10,C20,C30,C1500,C2500,C3500 is not really fair unless the model years and the frame ratings are comparable.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:55 PM
Kenosha Cadillac

8-Track!!!!!
Definately buy that!!
What condition is the frame in?