Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Incentive Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 09:54 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Ford Incentive Question

Hi everyone,

I've been considering an F150 for a while now and my old dodge is on it's last leg so i've just recently got serious about the search. It's always been drilled into my head that you should never buy a new vehicle because of the depreciation but after comparing the local used options to the new options it's starting to seem like buying new may be worth it due to the incentives. I finally went to a dealership today to check out some new inventory and mentioned to the salesman that it seems like it would be worth it to wait until the 2018s start rolling out because I imagine that ford would increase the incentives to move the 2017 inventory. He said that's really not the case and incentives on the 2017 will decrease when the 2018s roll out. Is that true? FWIW the guy seemed honest the whole time and didn't try to pressure me into anything but that statement stood out as odd to me.

Like I said I've never purchased a new vehicle so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 06-05-2017, 10:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Double Pipe Classic
Hi everyone,

I've been considering an F150 for a while now and my old dodge is on it's last leg so i've just recently got serious about the search. It's always been drilled into my head that you should never buy a new vehicle because of the depreciation but after comparing the local used options to the new options it's starting to seem like buying new may be worth it due to the incentives. I finally went to a dealership today to check out some new inventory and mentioned to the salesman that it seems like it would be worth it to wait until the 2018s start rolling out because I imagine that ford would increase the incentives to move the 2017 inventory. He said that's really not the case and incentives on the 2017 will decrease when the 2018s roll out. Is that true? FWIW the guy seemed honest the whole time and didn't try to pressure me into anything but that statement stood out as odd to me.

Like I said I've never purchased a new vehicle so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
This is just my experience, September or October of last year had the best rebates I saw in the last 12 months (that was on the outgoing year models). I was going to wait til then to buy my truck, but had some issues with my other vehicle so I had to trade it in.

I'd keep an eye out for a truck you like, watch the incentives and see if they go up. I know since I bought my truck a month ago, one of the incentives doubled in value, and another one went away.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:57 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by lilmaniac2
This is just my experience, September or October of last year had the best rebates I saw in the last 12 months (that was on the outgoing year models). I was going to wait til then to buy my truck, but had some issues with my other vehicle so I had to trade it in.

I'd keep an eye out for a truck you like, watch the incentives and see if they go up. I know since I bought my truck a month ago, one of the incentives doubled in value, and another one went away.
Thanks for the info! I'm kind of in the same situation. Have spent a lot of money in the last 6 months to keep my current truck running and spent another $500 last weekend so I'm concerned if I wait until the best deal possible ill continue to drop money into. Decisions decisions...
Old 06-05-2017, 11:07 PM

Received 98 Likes on 74 Posts

Keep your eyes peeled and set a limit on the cost of the fix that you absolutely won't spend.

when that number hits go buy, try and haggle to the best incentive you saw.

I doubt incentives get worse on last years model though. Last two trucks I bought were when dealer was either making room for new model or it had just came out. I've paid 28k for a 41k MSRP and 36k for a 52k MSRP in both those situations.
Old 06-05-2017, 11:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just purchased my 2017 Ford F-150 last week during memorial day weeked. here in northern california. got me a very good deal on 2017 f-150 xlt sport 302A option and a 3.5 ecoboost engine with 10 speed transmission. black on black. its $10.500 below MSRP came down to $ 34.5K + tax and lic pay almost 38k out the door.
Attached Thumbnails Ford Incentive Question-img_1599.jpg   Ford Incentive Question-img_1563.jpg  

Last edited by Vincent Batoon; 06-07-2017 at 12:20 AM.
Old 06-06-2017, 02:08 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Double Pipe Classic
Hi everyone,

He said that's really not the case and incentives on the 2017 will decrease when the 2018s roll out. Is that true?

Thanks!
I've always had my best luck buying around Labor Day weekend when there are still plenty of the prior year around and the new model year has arrived.

For what its worth, my dealer who I know and trust, told me that incentives and pricing will only get better as the summer continues. I placed an order for a 2017 and am hoping it arrives sometime around or after the 4th of July so I can get those incentives.
Old 06-06-2017, 04:26 AM

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts

Good looking truck Vincent. Traded my 13 Sierra for a 17 xlt. Used 15 and 16 model xlt trim with options I wanted with around 25-36k miles were just 3-5,000$ shy of a brand new 17 with rebates. Was a no brainer for me
Old 06-06-2017, 06:24 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

No, it is not true. They increase incentives to move inventory where they need to move inventory. And, at the same time, inventory goes down and your choices shrink.

I bought end of December 2013 and had 2 or 3 within 200 miles that had 302A, tailgate step, elocker, and bucket seats.

Do yourself a favor, as a "I've never bought new" buyer.

1) Read on the forum about X-Plan and join an organization NOW to qualify. https://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/eaa-membe...nition-program

2) Sign up for Ford's mailing list to get Private Cash.

Last edited by Ricktwuhk; 06-06-2017 at 06:54 AM.
Old 06-06-2017, 06:50 AM

Received 98 Likes on 74 Posts

I think July is usually the 0% 60 month financing promo at least last year it was!
Old 06-06-2017, 06:53 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Not scheduled by month, and 0% is ALWAYS a bad idea as you lose rebates. Take regular rate and full rebates and refi the same week. Posted often.