General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Recommendations

I own a 2014 FX4 with the V8. I am looking for recommendations on a leveling kit, tire sizes and best exhaust system.

I don't want a high lift... just a more leveled look. And I would like a slightly better offset on the wheels.

And finally I would like recommendations on the best exhaust system... with headers. Ok to eliminate the cat for off-road.

Cost is not a major concern...
Old 04-06-2016, 09:45 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I've had Bassani on my previous vehicles (cobra and lightning) , was extremely happy with them. However, I decided to try something new and went with Banks Monster Exhaust on my F150. It's nowhere near as loud or aggressive as the Bassani, but that's what I was looking for. The Banks has a deep tone, subtle on idle but wakes up when you give it some gas and drone is very minimal with my experience, check out some videos on Youtube!
Old 04-06-2016, 11:52 AM

Are you running headers... cats?
Old 04-06-2016, 12:16 PM

Received 186 Likes on 150 Posts

I can help you with suspension.

If cost is no concern, for the best performance, King Coilovers and new UCA.

Check on my thread and PM, Email or Call me with any questions...

https://www.f150forum.com/f34/bajaki...u-need-327490/

JT
Old 05-02-2016, 06:01 PM
F150 Forum

Default Exhaust recommendation

I hope we might offers a suggestion on the exhaust system. We are a young company but we have had great success for trucks such as yours. We offer a very inexpensive alternative to the bigger exhaust companies - Legato Performance. Our kits deliver a deep muscle car tone based based on our specially designed chambered mufflers. Not too loud to interrupt conversation in the cab, and terrific performance exhaust note on the outside.

Our cat back kit delivers 409 stainless steel tubing throughout topped off by a pair of dual 304 SS polished 4-inch diameter tips. The kit includes all of the tubing to connect to the factory exhaust and enough tubing to allow either rear exit or behind rear tire exit - one kit includes both systems.

Please check us out online at www.legatoperformance.com or go online to youtube.com and listen to our system - which fit with V8 and V6 Ford F50's

Thanks for listening.
Old 05-06-2016, 07:36 AM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

The best exhaust is the one the sounds good to your ears. Check out some Youtube vids so you can have an idea about the sound of magnaflow, borla, flowmaster and other exhausts.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:01 AM

Received 196 Likes on 163 Posts

Wink

I have an '11 Lariat with the 6.2. After I got her, I wanted to put Headers and a nice dual exhaust on her. This was during the summer of '11. Around Nov., after a lot of research, I went with the Stainless Works Long Tube Headers. They have 1 7/8" primaries and 3 1/2" collectors. Some guys claim that the primaries are too big. But They've worked well for me. I also got their Performance connect X-pipe with High Flow Cats, and the True Dual exhaust with the Chambered Turbo Mufflers. The entire system is 3" with 3 1/2" slash cut chrome tips. The entire system has a limited Lifetime warranty. It sounds Awesome, not like anything I've heard before. It may be a bit loud for some, but I like it. After 4 1/2 years I don't see any signs of rust. I've been very happy with it thus far...
Attached Thumbnails Exhaust Recommendations-exhaust1-stainless-works.jpg   Exhaust Recommendations-exhaust2-stainless-works.jpg  
Old 05-14-2016, 05:05 PM
F150 Forum

Just for the holiday - we at Legato Performance have knocked a couple of bucks off the price of the product - and we offer a military discount for active service men. Just our way of saying thanks. We do plan to restart our Facebook discount as well, $20 of our already very low pricing. Hope that motivates some of your just to take a look.

legato performance.com
Old 05-18-2016, 07:24 PM
F150 Forum

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by karlmag
The best exhaust is the one the sounds good to your ears. Check out some Youtube vids so you can have an idea about the sound of magnaflow, borla, flowmaster and other exhausts.
We would have to agree. Exhaust sound is something that's ultimately depends on what you like-there is no right or wrong.

We offer a handful of systems for the 5.4, one of the most popular being the 15461 system, which is a dual exit behind the tire. You can find a quick clip of this system here:

All of our exhausts are made 100% here in the US, and come backed by our lifetime warranty. If you have any questions about the systems we offer, please drop us a PM. We are always happy to help!

Last edited by Magna_Flow; 05-18-2016 at 07:27 PM.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:17 AM

Just like everyone says, its up to your ears. And youtube is the best way to try and what exactly you like. If you want something that wont break the bank, but is still good quality you could look at Pypes.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Recommendations