General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical/Sync/Auto Climate Control Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 01:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Electrical/Sync/Auto Climate Control Problems

So I am having a series of problems which I'm not sure there is a connection between them or not.

First, my Sync with ford touch is constantly giving me problems. Sometimes it connects to my phone and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it will be connected until I try to make a call, and it will disconnect. Sometimes the radio continues where I left off the last time I was in the truck (radio, cd, Bluetooth), and other times I have to select or turn power to stereo back on. If I'm listening to something via Bluetooth and step out of the truck and leave it running, when I get back into the truck, its a roll of the dice what sync decides to run (radio, cd, Bluetooth). It constantly seems as if its confused.

Second, my auto climate control also seems to get confused. For example, I will get into the truck when it is 80 degrees out and turn to LO. Sometimes it will ramp up fan speed and start cooling immediately while other times the fan speed never ramps up, even after extended run time. When this happens I can usually turn climate control off and back on and this will do the trick. Other times, the fan speed will ramp up for awhile and then slow way down before desired cab temperature is reached. Then a few minutes later it will blast away again. I understand that fan speed is delayed until desired temperature is available, but this is not the case here.

Thanks to anyone who has any ideas. BTW...I did have it into the dealership last year for a sync update.
Old 08-09-2016, 03:39 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

What year is your truck? Place the year and model in your signature line to help with questions that you post.

I used to own a 2011 Mustang, and Ford had a web site that you could go to to read about "issues" with sync, and if there were known fixes (or not). Did these problems you are experiencing come about after the update you did last year, or was the update an attempt by Ford to resolve them? If they came about after the update, you could ask Ford to remove the update.
I found this site that seems to be Ford's sync site. You can create an account there, and maybe it will help you in identifying a fix for your issue(s):

http://www.ford.com/technology/sync/

As to the A/C, I'm not much help for that, as I have manual controls for its operation.

Last edited by Mod (Ret.); 08-09-2016 at 03:44 AM.
Old 08-09-2016, 04:23 AM

Default 2013 f150

Originally Posted by Bucko
What year is your truck? Place the year and model in your signature line to help with questions that you post.

I used to own a 2011 Mustang, and Ford had a web site that you could go to to read about "issues" with sync, and if there were known fixes (or not). Did these problems you are experiencing come about after the update you did last year, or was the update an attempt by Ford to resolve them? If they came about after the update, you could ask Ford to remove the update.
I found this site that seems to be Ford's sync site. You can create an account there, and maybe it will help you in identifying a fix for your issue(s):

http://www.ford.com/technology/sync/

As to the A/C, I'm not much help for that, as I have manual controls for its operation.

The problems were there before and after the update. I had hoped the update would have fixed them but no luck. I tried to create an account on fords sync site but they must be having some issues with the site because I keep getting an error message telling me to try again later. Thanks!
Old 08-09-2016, 07:00 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by Gd33333
The problems were there before and after the update. I had hoped the update would have fixed them but no luck. I tried to create an account on fords sync site but they must be having some issues with the site because I keep getting an error message telling me to try again later. Thanks!
Hmmm. Maybe there's an update needed to create a sync account so you can learn about an update needed for your sync!
Old 08-09-2016, 07:25 AM

Received 2,210 Likes on 1,690 Posts

On my 13, the AC has a mind of its own also, I gave up on it! It never adjusts in auto mode, regardless of the temp inside, unless I turn the temp button higher. Sometimes I will get in it, start off and it is blowing medium, lets say. Then all of a sudden it ramps up! Its also acted this way outside of the auto mode.

Have you tried a master reset on the SYNC? Maybe do that after pulling the battery cable for 15 minutes.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by digitaltrucker
On my 13, the AC has a mind of its own also, I gave up on it! It never adjusts in auto mode, regardless of the temp inside, unless I turn the temp button higher. Sometimes I will get in it, start off and it is blowing medium, lets say. Then all of a sudden it ramps up! Its also acted this way outside of the auto mode.

Have you tried a master reset on the SYNC? Maybe do that after pulling the battery cable for 15 minutes.

Tried master reset yesterday. Took about six tries before it actually went through the reset process. I'll give it a few days to see if it made a difference. Thanks everyone for the help. I'll let you know what happens.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:51 PM

So after the master reset, things seem to be working a lot better. Both the sync issues and AC issues have been nonexistent since. Thanks to everyone for the input!
The following users liked this post:
digitaltrucker (08-16-2016)
Old 08-17-2016, 12:53 PM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

I had auto temp in my last truck (2003 Avalanche) and I know GM had some issues with those 4 blend door systems, but I hate not being in control- It would have the AC blow cold then would randomly switch the heat on and never turn the AC back on- I got good at dropping the truck in nuetral shutting it off, then reatrting it which was the only way the AC would come back. I know I am not being fair to Ford, but I will never get auto zone control if I can help it- I want it to stay cold as long as the dial is cranked cold, and I want it to burn my face off till I turn the heat down- I don't like moderating actual temp to a degree value in my truck .. and I work in the controls industry...

Quick Reply: Electrical/Sync/Auto Climate Control Problems