Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damage from dealer

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 09:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Damage from dealer

Hey all,

I took my 2017 F150 (with less than 250 miles) to get the dealer installed bedliner and tint put on. After getting my truck home, I noticed a dent and chip in the door along with scratches by the handle.

I contacted the dealer as soon as I noticed it at home, but they haven't returned my calls in going on 3 days.

Any advice on this?
Old 08-24-2017, 09:45 PM

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Stick to your guns. I am now at a point where I inspect my vehicle EVERY time another person touches it for service, bedliner install, etc.

I had a spray in liner installed in my current vehicle and noticed paint chips on the front right fender. I only had the truck four days before getting the liner and I know I didn't put them there. But when I bought the truck it was pouring rain and with the road grime on the vehicle I didn't go over every inch of the truck so I can't say for 100% certain they weren't there when I picked up the truck. I am sure it happened at the liner place but since I couldn't prove it I had to walk away.

How bad are the scratches? Just clear coat or down to bare metal?

NC
Old 08-24-2017, 09:54 PM

Here are the scratches under the handle:

And the dent and paint chip:

It's hard to get good light on the dent to tell, but it looks like down to metal.

I know I didn't do this, and would have expected the truck to be a bit more tough. I would think it would have taken a good bit of force to do that.
Old 08-24-2017, 10:21 PM

Received 885 Likes on 673 Posts

3 days and you haven't taken it to them yet? Not that important I guess. Hope you at least took a picture the same day you noticed it so there's a datestamp.
Old 08-24-2017, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by SteveLord
3 days and you haven't taken it to them yet? Not that important I guess. Hope you at least took a picture the same day you noticed it so there's a datestamp.
I guess I was trying to give them the benefit of responding to me before I went to raise hell. Pictures were take the same day, immediately after I got home from the dealer.

I texted them to my sales guy, e-mailed them to the accessory manager and contacted the dealer on the website.

If I don't hear back tomorrow, I guess I need to just go back.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:30 AM

Received 216 Likes on 183 Posts

Go there &talk to the GM.

I read a lot of threads here about issues and how they the dealerships don't seem to care. A poor after-sale service is, IMO, the sh*ttiest thing that can happen to a customer, especially when you buy a 50k and + vehicle. I would be very frustrated.

Last edited by Eduskator; 08-25-2017 at 09:38 AM.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:48 AM
Forks your lift

Received 105 Likes on 83 Posts

drive your truck right into the service area, park it, and get the service guy in charge of handling your service appointment out from behind his desk to look at it.

I did that once with my ZR2. They had cleaned a window track on the passenger side that bleached the black plastic from every crease. As soon as i noticed it, i drove right into their service drop off bay, got the attention of the service guy, and pointed it out to him. Ended up getting a brand new door piece for free. Don't let them push you to a side hoping you will give up.
Old 08-25-2017, 12:14 PM

Received 885 Likes on 673 Posts

The longer you wait, the greater chance of the "why didn't you bring it here right away? How do we know that was us since it was X amount of days ago"? conversation.

Could even get surveillance involved to prove it. But not everyone keeps it for an extended period of time.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:52 PM

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

And Kim? Photobucket doesn't let you post links from their site anymore. Well, not unless you pay them.
Old 08-25-2017, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by chickenwire
And Kim? Photobucket doesn't let you post links from their site anymore. Well, not unless you pay them.
They worked last night... stupid photobucket