Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Hybrid Noise/vibrating/humming at freeway speeds/ gears 8-10

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2023, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2022 Hybrid Noise/vibrating/humming at freeway speeds/ gears 8-10

Hey all!
Brand new F-150 owner. Ordered a Hybrid Platinum on Jan 1 2022, finally got it this week (2/25/23). Pretty sure it was built Sept 22’ but was waiting on chips.

I took it on the freeway this week and noticed a troubling thing: At speeds between 45 and 75 MPH, and in gears 8-10 (and especially at an incline), the truck makes a very perceptible and tangible humming/vibrating. It seems to be specifically happening at certain speed/gear combinations, ex. 50-52mph in 8th gear, 59-61mph in 9th gear, etc.

I feel it rumbling in the floor of the cab, and especially feel it in the gas pedal. It is perceptible everywhere in the cab. I've attached a video to youtube:

You can hear the rumble at 0:02, again at 0:04 and then at 0:07, but this vid doesn’t quite do it justice. I’ve intentionally taken it to multiple roads in various states of repair, and it happens the same everywhere (even on freshly paved).

I have an appointment with the dealer and will update y’all if interested - if anyone has any ideas I’d welcome your thoughts!

Cheers
GZP

Last edited by gregpadden; 03-04-2023 at 11:20 PM. Reason: uploading video again
Old 03-05-2023, 11:09 AM

Default Same issue

Originally Posted by gregpadden
Hey all!
Brand new F-150 owner. Ordered a Hybrid Platinum on Jan 1 2022, finally got it this week (2/25/23). Pretty sure it was built Sept 22’ but was waiting on chips.

I took it on the freeway this week and noticed a troubling thing: At speeds between 45 and 75 MPH, and in gears 8-10 (and especially at an incline), the truck makes a very perceptible and tangible humming/vibrating. It seems to be specifically happening at certain speed/gear combinations, ex. 50-52mph in 8th gear, 59-61mph in 9th gear, etc.

I feel it rumbling in the floor of the cab, and especially feel it in the gas pedal. It is perceptible everywhere in the cab. I've attached a video to youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/FoqvzSl4IwQ

You can hear the rumble at 0:02, again at 0:04 and then at 0:07, but this vid doesn’t quite do it justice. I’ve intentionally taken it to multiple roads in various states of repair, and it happens the same everywhere (even on freshly paved).

I have an appointment with the dealer and will update y’all if interested - if anyone has any ideas I’d welcome your thoughts!

Cheers
GZP
this happens to me as well. 2023 Lariat powerboost. Had it at the dealer twice and both times they said “cannot recreate issue and ford has no recalls out on this issue.” Please let me know if you get an answer
Old 03-06-2023, 09:22 AM
Official Ford Account

Received 475 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by gregpadden
Hey all!

Cheers
GZP
Hey there. I can look into your F-150’s noise concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?
The following users liked this post:
Alarka (03-08-2023)
Old 03-06-2023, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Ford Motor Co.
Hey there. I can look into your F-150’s noise concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?
sure thing - sending your way now. Appreciate the follow up!
Old 03-08-2023, 02:14 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I also experience this on my '22 XLT Powerboost! At first I thought it might be a weirdly different rumble strip in the road or something.
Old 03-09-2023, 10:34 AM

Dropped it at the dealer this morning - will report back.

Separate note: i'm ALSO experiencing the 2022 Powerboost "whine" or whirring or whistle that some other users are reporting. I've reported both to the dealer, we'll see what happens.
Old 03-21-2023, 12:58 PM

UPDATE: Got it back from the dealer last week.

They told me that they were able to confirm the noise. They also said they were able to replicate this noise on 2 other models, and so are considering it normal. lol

In the meantime, i had also driven another hybrid platinum (finally found another) in a different dealership and also confirmed the noise.

Definitely a bummer. Not even sure what I can do about it at this point. Deciding if my mental health will deteriorate enough while driving, or if i just blast music/podcasts to avoid hearing/feeling it lol. Volvo dealership near me said they've give me pretty close to what i paid for it, so i'm considering that.

Old 03-21-2023, 07:10 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Unfortunate news, sorry to hear it. Thanks for reporting back!

Quick Reply: 2022 Hybrid Noise/vibrating/humming at freeway speeds/ gears 8-10