Topic Sponsor
Pre- 1987 / Classic Corner Have a classic Ford F150 truck? Want a classic? Discuss your pre-1987 Ford F150 truck.

Wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 12:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wiring question

I have an 84 150 that had some major wiring issues which resulted in most of the interior harness and dash burn. I also have a 90 donor truck, which I have recently swapped the dash out of. I am installing a Speedway universal wiring harness, and my question has to do with the wiper and heater switches.

Can anyone give me a breakdown of the connections on the backs of these switches? While I have the Haynes manual, which tells you where the wires run, nothing tells me which terminal is, lets say the "hot" terminal on the switch.

I wanted to knock out the wiring first on my rebuild since it is my weakness. I just don't want to lose interest this early in the build. Thank you in advance for any info.
Old 08-15-2016, 01:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, so I've pretty much found all dash connections, except the instrument cluster. I have seen some nice diagrams on here for the "C250 and the C251" connectors behind the instrument panel, but none are of a 1990 dash. The plugs are the same, but all colors and wire locations are different. Might be easier if I post this in a different section, but thought I'd try here first.

Quick Reply: Wiring question