Topic Sponsor
2021+ Ford F150 Discussion of the 14th generation F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ProPower and European outlets

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2023, 04:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ProPower and European outlets

hi all!
anyone of you living in Europe has experience on how to use the ProPower outlet (120V and 240V) in Europe?
here we have Schucko sockets for 230V (single phase at 50 hz - not 60 hz) and specific CE sockets (red colored) for three-phases 400V at 50 hz (5 pin for 3 phases + neutral + ground).

I'm struggling on how to adapt those outlets, seen the phase difference, we're not talking about a pure socket adapter, but a circuit with different voltage and phasing adjustment.

any help would be appreciated.
thanks a lot!
Old 06-26-2023, 05:58 AM
Senior Member First F150

Received 1,091 Likes on 707 Posts

That's a problem that the US airbases likely have had to address. If you are military ask.
Old 06-26-2023, 07:02 AM

ahah!
no, I'm not!
I'm just a worker who consider ProPower a great advantage when you work alone in a nowhere location.
but damn, it must be a bounce of people in Europe who had this issue before me and figured it out already!
Old 06-26-2023, 08:54 AM

Received 592 Likes on 407 Posts

If I were you, I would order American appliances and use it with the truck. The military bases in Germany might sell some.. I don't know.
Old 06-26-2023, 09:17 AM

Received 578 Likes on 391 Posts

I will tel you the 50hz/60hz only matters if you use an electric motor. The reason is the reactance. You can use battery operated tools and charge them, electric fry pans and crock pots, but no to blenders.

The voltage it self I am not sure if you can jump up to 220 or not. I know in home electrical I can do it by running the white wire as a second hot to the plug. I have not seen the wiring on the truck yet.

If it already has a 220v plug you can use it, but as stated above nothing with a motor.
Old 06-26-2023, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Mlarv
I will tel you the 50hz/60hz only matters if you use an electric motor. The reason is the reactance. You can use battery operated tools and charge them, electric fry pans and crock pots, but no to blenders.

The voltage it self I am not sure if you can jump up to 220 or not. I know in home electrical I can do it by running the white wire as a second hot to the plug. I have not seen the wiring on the truck yet.

If it already has a 220v plug you can use it, but as stated above nothing with a motor.
I remember on the trip to Germany in 1988, my girlfriend used an American 110V hairdryer that suddenly got red and burned half of her air. She looked so bad I nearly dumped her in Berlin.
Old 06-26-2023, 09:53 AM

I do have almost all my tools running on battery (DeWalt 18V series).
I sincerely don't know if their battery chargers run on 110v 60hz.

but, it would be nice to run everything (such as a TV or a fridge or led lamps, a music amplifier or speaker or whatever you need out there, with the Pro Power.

come on Ford, think it globally, with a 'European adapter' option, anyway!
Old 06-26-2023, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by alanpower
I do have almost all my tools running on battery (DeWalt 18V series).
I sincerely don't know if their battery chargers run on 110v 60hz.

but, it would be nice to run everything (such as a TV or a fridge or led lamps, a music amplifier or speaker or whatever you need out there, with the Pro Power.

come on Ford, think it globally, with a 'European adapter' option, anyway!
Nobody in the right mind would buy an F-150 in Europe! It's like owning an 18-wheeler as a commuter vehicle in Los Angeles!
Old 06-26-2023, 10:50 AM

Received 578 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigglesworth
Nobody in the right mind would buy an F-150 in Europe! It's like owning an 18-wheeler as a commuter vehicle in Los Angeles!
I have been over to Europe many times. I have seen an F450 in the Netherland. It is not a real common thing but they are there, and being used.
Old 06-26-2023, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Mlarv
I have been over to Europe many times. I have seen an F450 in the Netherland. It is not a real common thing but they are there, and being used.
It was bad enough living in London and driving around in a Vauxhall Omega which was a large station wagon. Netherlands or.. Amsterdam? No way in hell it can be driven in Amsterdam, I promise you that. I was just there a couple weeks ago.

Quick Reply: ProPower and European outlets