Topic Sponsor
2021+ Ford F150 Discussion of the 14th generation F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big White Spot Appeared on Dashboard Less than 24 Hours After Taking Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2022, 06:13 PM

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Big White Spot Appeared on Dashboard Less than 24 Hours After Taking Delivery

Didn't really notice it too much, if at all, when I picked my truck up yesterday, Thought it was some residue that they missed. But today after my truck sat in the sun for about an hour it became really apparent. Tried wiping it out gently with an Armor All cleaning wipe, but I don't think it's any type of residue and appears to be in the skin.

Had a 3pm appointment to get my windows tinted today so I rushed over to the dealer after work so they could put their eyes on it before the tint install so they couldn't blame it on the tint installer.

We took it back to the detailer and he tried to wipe it out with whatever he had. Finally said to bring it back Monday after shaking his head and me hearing him say this could be bad.

It's almost like a bleach stain, so I don't know what they're going to be able to do.

My question is can that section of dash be replaced? It's the passenger side with the air bag, which leads me to think that may be a huge issue.

I'm usually not that ****, but that would drive me absolutely bat s**t crazy if I had to live with it.

Old 04-09-2022, 07:48 PM

Received 125 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by swampvol
Didn't really notice it too much, if at all, when I picked my truck up yesterday, Thought it was some residue that they missed. But today after my truck sat in the sun for about an hour it became really apparent. Tried wiping it out gently with an Armor All cleaning wipe, but I don't think it's any type of residue and appears to be in the skin.

Had a 3pm appointment to get my windows tinted today so I rushed over to the dealer after work so they could put their eyes on it before the tint install so they couldn't blame it on the tint installer.

We took it back to the detailer and he tried to wipe it out with whatever he had. Finally said to bring it back Monday after shaking his head and me hearing him say this could be bad.

It's almost like a bleach stain, so I don't know what they're going to be able to do.

My question is can that section of dash be replaced? It's the passenger side with the air bag, which leads me to think that may be a huge issue.

I'm usually not that ****, but that would drive me absolutely bat s**t crazy if I had to live with it.
first I've seen this issue. Interested...keep us posted. Checked my 2021 and no white spot.

Typically they'll have to replace the whole dash. Just like in the gen 13s for the warped dash. Mine got 2 new dash replacements under warranty bc it got so bad the dash was splitting. Is yours just a spot or does it raise up at all?
Old 04-09-2022, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by AnthemMike
first I've seen this issue. Interested...keep us posted. Checked my 2021 and no white spot.

Typically they'll have to replace the whole dash. Just like in the gen 13s for the warped dash. Mine got 2 new dash replacements under warranty bc it got so bad the dash was splitting. Is yours just a spot or does it raise up at all?
Just a spot. It looks like someone took a piece of fine sandpaper and scuffed up the skin. It looks like someone at the factory, in transit, or during dealer prep did it.

It's the weirdest thing.

Man I wish I'd noticed it before taking delivery. I have a feeling theyre going to try and blame me,

Last edited by swampvol; 04-09-2022 at 08:27 PM.
Old 04-09-2022, 08:59 PM

Received 279 Likes on 156 Posts

Annoying. Personally I would just live with it before I let anybody take apart the whole dash. Too much risk of rattling and squeaking.
Old 04-09-2022, 10:06 PM

Received 408 Likes on 176 Posts

That’s where you are supposed to stick the hula girl
The following 4 users liked this post by flatag:
Mark Miller (04-12-2022), rgm1266 (04-09-2022), SHOOT1SAM (04-10-2022), swampvol (04-09-2022)
Old 04-09-2022, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Blueshound
Annoying. Personally I would just live with it before I let anybody take apart the whole dash. Too much risk of rattling and squeaking.
The way it catches the corner of my eye at all times, I'll take my chances.
Old 04-09-2022, 10:31 PM

Received 100 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueshound
My thought too. Either way it would be annoying and shouldn’t be there. I would ask them about trying to blend in some color before tearing it apart unless the texture is noticeably different.
Old 04-09-2022, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by bachman44
My thought too. Either way it would be annoying and shouldn’t be there. I would ask them about trying to blend in some color before tearing it apart unless the texture is noticeably different.
I hope the old detailer has some tricks up his sleeve, but he didn't seem too confident earlier today.

Old 04-10-2022, 01:12 AM

Received 125 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by swampvol
Just a spot. It looks like someone took a piece of fine sandpaper and scuffed up the skin. It looks like someone at the factory, in transit, or during dealer prep did it.

It's the weirdest thing.

Man I wish I'd noticed it before taking delivery. I have a feeling theyre going to try and blame me,
I typically agree with this...but I was fortunate that even when they ripped thst dash out in my 2019 2x never had any rattles on top of that the interior was completely ripped out 3x for a water leak to replace the carpet and got lucky again with no rattles. But when the transmission went bad at 27k I had enough of the truck and got my 2021.
Old 04-10-2022, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by AnthemMike
I typically agree with this...but I was fortunate that even when they ripped thst dash out in my 2019 2x never had any rattles on top of that the interior was completely ripped out 3x for a water leak to replace the carpet and got lucky again with no rattles. But when the transmission went bad at 27k I had enough of the truck and got my 2021.
If the detailer cant come up with a permanent fix, even if it's just one that makes the smudge a lot less noticeable, then I am going to ask for a replacement.

Is it for certain the dash is one big piece and all of it would need to be replaced? To me it looks like sections, of course this section is where the passenger air bag tag sits.
The following users liked this post:
bachman44 (04-10-2022)

Quick Reply: Big White Spot Appeared on Dashboard Less than 24 Hours After Taking Delivery