Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Datalogging live link help

Old 02-16-2019, 01:19 PM

Received 211 Likes on 174 Posts
Default Datalogging live link help

I've been trying to get my newest tunes dialed in and have went through a few revisions. My tuner sent me this screenshot and said the resolution isn't usable and to update Livelink and get a new log which I did but with the same results. He said it shouldn't be choppy like this. Any help with this would be great.
Datalogging live link help-photo216.jpg
Old 02-16-2019, 05:45 PM

Received 366 Likes on 250 Posts

That does look at bit off. Is this any different from other data logs you have done?
Old 02-16-2019, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by BadCon
That does look at bit off. Is this any different from other data logs you have done?
Is there any chance you could send me a Snapshot of what it should look like?
Old 02-16-2019, 07:13 PM

Just looks smoother. Can you go back to the stock tune a data log the flow rate again? Tune perameters can alter the maf flow rate, so that is a variable that needs to be addressed.

I don’t have a lot of information for you, my googling came up empty on someone with a similar issue. Reach out to SCT tech support
Old 02-16-2019, 11:02 PM

Just looks smoother. Can you go back to the stock tune a data log the flow rate again? Tune perameters can alter the maf flow rate, so that is a variable that needs to be addressed.

I don’t have a lot of information for you, my googling came up empty on someone with a similar issue. Reach out to SCT tech support
With everything I have done the all the way stock tune will barely run when I load it.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:06 AM

Do you have any other data logs of the vehicle from earlier tune revisions? Did your tuner account for the JLT intake when creating the tune file, as that uses a larger diameter intake tube which will throw off the MAF. This is something to do with your tuner, and nothing to do with Livelink. It wouldn't hurt to call SCT's help line on Monday, but otherwise go through prior data logs and look at MAF readings, as why is this only an issue now after all the work you've had done? What have you done differently with this data log that you haven't done with all the others?
Old 02-17-2019, 07:12 AM

Do you have any other data logs of the vehicle from earlier tune revisions? Did your tuner account for the JLT intake when creating the tune file, as that uses a larger diameter intake tube which will throw off the MAF. This is something to do with your tuner, and nothing to do with Livelink. It wouldn't hurt to call SCT's help line on Monday, but otherwise go through prior data logs and look at MAF readings, as why is this only an issue now after all the work you've had done? What have you done differently with this data log that you haven't done with all the others?
I'll look over some data logs this am from before the cam install and see if they showed this way. MPT has never said anything wrote though. Mike thought maybe I was using an older version of Livelink, but I looked my version (128) is newer than what he is using (126) maybe that's the issue?
Old 02-17-2019, 08:59 AM

Ok, so I looked at a few logs before Cam install and I see the difference. Below is the last log I completed before the install, this was a 125 shot E85 3rd gear log... It seems as if every log since the cam install the MAF reading has looked more like my first pic, almost like a "stair step"

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Datalogging live link help