Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two codes and a wrench

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 03:45 PM
Old Fart

Received 297 Likes on 222 Posts

Default Two codes and a wrench

P205A - fuel pump module control circuit open

U0109 - Data bus: fuel pump control module - no communication

Got these two codes today after the wrench icon came on for a third time, with the two previous times showing wrench - see manual without throwing any codes.

Had a bliss error show up on dash yesterday with no codes.

How serious are these two codes? Immediate attention needed or can I wait until the weekend? Just so busy right now.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:05 PM

Received 577 Likes on 390 Posts

Originally Posted by remltr
P205A - fuel pump module control circuit open

U0109 - Data bus: fuel pump control module - no communication

Got these two codes today after the wrench icon came on for a third time, with the two previous times showing wrench - see manual without throwing any codes.

Had a bliss error show up on dash yesterday with no codes.

How serious are these two codes? Immediate attention needed or can I wait until the weekend? Just so busy right now.
Fuel pump and fuel control might be pretty serious. I have to ask have you been though a car wash in the last few days? Is it freezing at night then warming up during the day. You might just have a lose connector at the fuel pump with a bit of water or moisture in it.

Just a guess
Old 01-23-2018, 04:20 PM
Old Fart

Originally Posted by Mlarv
Fuel pump and fuel control might be pretty serious. I have to ask have you been though a car wash in the last few days? Is it freezing at night then warming up during the day. You might just have a lose connector at the fuel pump with a bit of water or moisture in it.

Just a guess
I have been through a car wash on Sunday. But air temp has been no lower than 45 deg F since then.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:39 PM
Old Fart

I have had two restarts since the wrench and there have been no further codes.

I assume that the wrench might have been a fluke as it hasn't reappeared.

I don't understand the process. Should the wrench continue to display until the issue is resolved or do you only get the one wrench?
Old 01-23-2018, 09:01 PM

Received 577 Likes on 390 Posts

If problem is there wrench will be there. Sounds like moisture to me.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:40 PM

Received 557 Likes on 402 Posts

Rem, do you still have your OBD adapter plugged in and torque app running? I don't remember the specific error codes but torque was causing the wrench on mine. Just wanted to throw that out there. If not, I have no Idea but please keep us posted.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:58 PM

Received 117 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by MNSportsman
Rem, do you still have your OBD adapter plugged in and torque app running? I don't remember the specific error codes but torque was causing the wrench on mine. Just wanted to throw that out there. If not, I have no Idea but please keep us posted.
I was going to ask this too. Wonder if the adapter and torque are overloading the can bus.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:10 PM
Old Fart

Originally Posted by MNSportsman
Yes it is all still hooked up. Did your wrench throw codes? If so, do you remember what they were?
Old 01-23-2018, 10:12 PM

Received 557 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by remltr
Yes it is all still hooked up. Did your wrench throw codes? If so, do you remember what they were?
Yes, it did but I don't remember which ones. They were random like yours IIRC. My advice, fwiw, would be to disconnect the adapter, clear the codes and see if you have any more issues. I wouldn't be surprised it this solves it for you though.

Quick Reply: Two codes and a wrench