Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traction Control.... uughh!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 04:46 PM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Traction Control.... uughh!!

Does it annoy anyone else that every time you get in your truck that the traction control is automatically enabled? Pressing your foot on the gas is comparable to a teenager with braces asking a girl to dance. There's that akward hesitation and stutter before it makes any moves. ....UGGHHHhh..... It's a truck for crying out loud. If you can't drive a truck without traction control you have no right to be behind the wheel of a truck, or ANY car for that matter. I hate to get all negative about the outlook on our society for the future, or get all "back in my day" but ****, I can't be the only person who's bothered by this. The more our vehicles drive us, the less we are in control and the more our brains will turn to mush... driving is supposed to be fun. We're already controlled in our lives by things we can't change. Buying/driving a new car shouldn't add to that list.

-sure I can press the button to turn it off... that's not my point. It should be the other way around.
Old 08-12-2015, 04:55 PM

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

I went to sport mode the other day for the first time. I laid into it and notice the TC light came on but thought maybe I broke loose is why. EDIT - You can turn it off.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:10 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by NotaM3
Does it annoy anyone else that every time you get in your truck that the traction control is automatically enabled? Pressing your foot on the gas is comparable to a teenager with braces asking a girl to dance. There's that akward hesitation and stutter before it makes any moves. ....UGGHHHhh..... It's a truck for crying out loud. If you can't drive a truck without traction control you have no right to be behind the wheel of a truck, or ANY car for that matter. I hate to get all negative about the outlook on our society for the future, or get all "back in my day" but ****, I can't be the only person who's bothered by this. The more our vehicles drive us, the less we are in control and the more our brains will turn to mush... driving is supposed to be fun. We're already controlled in our lives by things we can't change. Buying/driving a new car shouldn't add to that list.

-sure I can press the button to turn it off... that's not my point. It should be the other way around.
It's a full-size truck not a sports car... I get what your saying, but 90% of the people that buy a truck don't intend on burning the tires off from every stop light.
The following users liked this post:
Ricktwuhk (08-13-2015)
Old 08-12-2015, 05:21 PM
Problem Solver

Received 358 Likes on 262 Posts

I dont use sport mode or turn the traction off for 80% of my driving, and I'll use sport mode for in-town if it's just light to light traffic... There's no benefit to either one on the interstate or 50MPH+

The traction turns back on (even if youve turned Advance Trac off) at 30 MPH+
HansF150 (08-12-2015)
Old 08-12-2015, 05:52 PM

Received 189 Likes on 119 Posts

Have you seen some of the idiots in our society. Just the other day there was someone complaining why the adaptive cruse shut off in the rain.

Quite frankly, pushing a button is a small price to pay to protect "us" from us.

Natural selection has always won. But, there are sometimes when collateral damage happens. OP should be thanking Ford, instead of ragging on it.
The following 3 users liked this post by snobdds:
iFord (08-13-2015), KYBuckeye (08-13-2015), Ricktwuhk (08-13-2015)
Old 08-12-2015, 06:25 PM
T_R

Received 262 Likes on 184 Posts

I actually find it unobtrusive compared to other traction control I've driven. Sometimes it kicks in a little when I try to pull out fast from my dirt driveway that has a big rise at the end. Seems like it helps more than hurts, I'm sure otherwise it would just spin one tire and go nowhere.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:32 PM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by snobdds
Have you seen some of the idiots in our society. Just the other day there was someone complaining why the adaptive cruse shut off in the rain.

Quite frankly, pushing a button is a small price to pay to protect "us" from us.

Natural selection has always won. But, there are sometimes when collateral damage happens. OP should be thanking Ford, instead of ragging on it.
You make a valid point. Unfortunatly you're right.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:35 PM

Received 578 Likes on 391 Posts

If TC gets you this upset what about the blind spot monitor or the 360 camera or the adaptive cruise.

I used to hate power windows because they always broke. I have had a lot of different trucks over the years, and the last few have had TC. I got used to it because it has saved me a few times on icy roads and bridges. I drove a new car with the blind spot marker in the side mirrors, it drove me nuts seeing the light flash. I figure if I ever get a truck with this on it I will get used to it also.

I agree we are raising a series of people that can't drive worth a darn, but can text, eat a big mac, put on makeup and drive at the same time.

Relax and enjoy life it really does go better that way.
Bartojc (08-14-2015)
Old 08-12-2015, 07:08 PM

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...n_U.S._by_year

'nuff said
Old 08-12-2015, 07:31 PM

Received 114 Likes on 73 Posts

Wow, how often are you accelerating hard enough to activate the traction control? I've got 6k miles on my truck and I've only seen the TC light up once, while I was driving through sand.

Quick Reply: Traction Control.... uughh!!