Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SiriusXM + MFT

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 01:57 AM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Default SiriusXM + MFT

Apparently SiriusXM pushed through an update and a couple of my sports channels moved to the 200s.

MFT only goes to channel 184, is that correct, or is there an update from Ford that I am missing??

And no, using the app on my phone isnt an option. Satellite > LTE/4G, especially in the areas I travel to.

Last edited by o0MEGA0o; 10-04-2016 at 02:06 AM.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:03 AM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

Ive noticed twice, after having my sub connector enabled by the dealer, that it said "accross the top" sirius updated.

Not sure what updated, as I only really listen to ch. 19, Elvis Radio, and The Highway ch.58?

Still waiting for a rain day off work, to swing by the dealer and get the part installed, to Fix the Sirius random dropouts!
Old 10-04-2016, 12:13 PM

Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by o0MEGA0o
Apparently SiriusXM pushed through an update and a couple of my sports channels moved to the 200s.

MFT only goes to channel 184, is that correct, or is there an update from Ford that I am missing??

And no, using the app on my phone isnt an option. Satellite > LTE/4G, especially in the areas I travel to.
Which sports channels?
Old 10-04-2016, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by ODucksFan
Which sports channels?

specifically FantasySports Radio. Was on 87, no on 210.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:46 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I know this thread is a month old, but I'm sort of in the same boat as I just bought a '16 Lariat with Sync 3. I noticed I couldn't tune past 219 which meant I couldn't get the channels I listen to often, 300-314. I called SiriusXM to ask them what was going on, they sent a refresh signal twice, no change. They asked for the EIN and told me that it was a Sirius branded tuner built-in and not a SiriusXM tuner. This is where the issue lies, in that those tuners are physically incapable of tuning past 219. I'm at the same road block as not only does the online streaming (or through the phone) cost extra after the free trial, it chews up data and I drive through the center of Texas which has next to no service on most providers for 1.5-2.5 hours.

I called Ford this morning and submitted a complaint based on the fact that they use, in my mind, outdated technology and don't provide us a quality product on a $50k+ vehicle. Talking with a local audio shop, I may have found a semi-integrated work-around but it's $250 for just the hardware needed. It connects through the USB port as an AUX source, so it can be controlled by the stock radio, but as I stated it's a workaround....on a brand new truck (in my case). If you're unhappy about it, I would suggest filing a complaint as well (and anyone who hates this) so maybe we can get some feedback.

Alright, sorry for the rant.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:34 PM

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I have the same issue - tuner will not go beyond 219. Is this for all F150's?
Old 11-15-2016, 12:53 PM

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

My channels stop at 184
Old 11-15-2016, 03:30 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sptmylstbreath
I have the same issue - tuner will not go beyond 219. Is this for all F150's?
So far, from what I've seen, it's all that have satellite radio. I'm still "fighting" it with Ford. I'm fairly certain they don't have a "fix" in the way of just changing out tuners, but if nothing else I get my complaint out to them in hopes they fix it. That's why I encourage everyone that uses the satellite radio to complain as well to them...maybe with enough people something will get done. Aside from buying an external tuner that sits on the dash, I've found one "integrated" solution, but it costs over $250 and ties up the Sync usb port. Their solution for using the SiriusXM phone app through Sync is worse than I initially thought. If you do use the app link that sometimes doesn't pop up under the apps section (Sync 3 here, not sure about previous versions), you can only verbally or on-screen control your custom stations; there is not option to "favorite" and listen to live stations that way. There is the option to just open the app on the phone and use Bluetooth to listen, but that defeats the Sync Hands-free purpose. You would be looking at your phone changing channels (I jump around the channels a bunch...I have radio ADD...lol).

Here's hoping something comes from it all!

Originally Posted by Ohsix
My channels stop at 184
Do you still have the "all-access" service? If not, what do you have? Also, what version of Sync, etc?
Old 11-15-2016, 05:12 PM

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Renegade339
So far, from what I've seen, it's all that have satellite radio. I'm still "fighting" it with Ford. I'm fairly certain they don't have a "fix" in the way of just changing out tuners, but if nothing else I get my complaint out to them in hopes they fix it. That's why I encourage everyone that uses the satellite radio to complain as well to them...maybe with enough people something will get done. Aside from buying an external tuner that sits on the dash, I've found one "integrated" solution, but it costs over $250 and ties up the Sync usb port. Their solution for using the SiriusXM phone app through Sync is worse than I initially thought. If you do use the app link that sometimes doesn't pop up under the apps section (Sync 3 here, not sure about previous versions), you can only verbally or on-screen control your custom stations; there is not option to "favorite" and listen to live stations that way. There is the option to just open the app on the phone and use Bluetooth to listen, but that defeats the Sync Hands-free purpose. You would be looking at your phone changing channels (I jump around the channels a bunch...I have radio ADD...lol).

Here's hoping something comes from it all!

Do you still have the "all-access" service? If not, what do you have? Also, what version of Sync, etc?
amazing. Ford never ceases to surprise me on how far behind in technology for $50K truck
Old 11-15-2016, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Renegade339
I know this thread is a month old, but I'm sort of in the same boat as I just bought a '16 Lariat with Sync 3. I noticed I couldn't tune past 219 which meant I couldn't get the channels I listen to often, 300-314. I called SiriusXM to ask them what was going on, they sent a refresh signal twice, no change. They asked for the EIN and told me that it was a Sirius branded tuner built-in and not a SiriusXM tuner. This is where the issue lies, in that those tuners are physically incapable of tuning past 219. I'm at the same road block as not only does the online streaming (or through the phone) cost extra after the free trial, it chews up data and I drive through the center of Texas which has next to no service on most providers for 1.5-2.5 hours.

I called Ford this morning and submitted a complaint based on the fact that they use, in my mind, outdated technology and don't provide us a quality product on a $50k+ vehicle. Talking with a local audio shop, I may have found a semi-integrated work-around but it's $250 for just the hardware needed. It connects through the USB port as an AUX source, so it can be controlled by the stock radio, but as I stated it's a workaround....on a brand new truck (in my case). If you're unhappy about it, I would suggest filing a complaint as well (and anyone who hates this) so maybe we can get some feedback.

Alright, sorry for the rant.
At least with SYNC 3, you can access the channels I want. Total garbage on the part of Ford to put in outdated equipment. I think the GPS software infuriates me the most.

Quick Reply: SiriusXM + MFT