Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Livernois Tuning - Mail Order or Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 10:51 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Livernois Tuning - Mail Order or Dyno

Hey Guys,
I'm a new forum member here and am a new owner of a 2015 screw 3.5EB. I was very excited to get started modding and tuning and was even more surprised that Livernois Motorsports was near me as well. After reading some great reviews and stories from the forums, I decided to contact them directly to see what kind of options I had on my truck. I was a bit disappointed at the communication and responses from their installer as it seemed as I was asking about rates and quotes, they just wanted to charge as much as they could to me if I came in person. But from reading about other experiences online, it seems that that should have been my route from the beginning and forgo the dyno. The gentleman from Livernois even told me there is only a 2-3% difference in the mail order tune and being on the actual dyno, esp since I am stock.
Also seems like the pricing I am getting directly from them is higher than if I were to order online or through the forums. Their install quote for the Thermostat, DP, Calibrator and intake was $510 + $100 in dyno labor + $47 in shop charges +49 in inbound frieght + $115 tax. When I asked to requote without the intake, the install came down $13.

So its just frustrating that my experience with a local shop is better through the online forums, rather than just calling them directly. I was excited to have a local shop because I had plans on a lift as well and was hoping to find someone local to do that, guess I have to find another shop and deal with Livernois through the forums like everyone else.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:58 AM

Received 225 Likes on 165 Posts

that's not totally surprising to me... maybe they will chime in.

You could always go by there, that would probably yield the best resulst. They probably get a lot of BS calls during the day, and I'm not saying its right, but that's probably why they weren't as chipper as you hoped. And if you go by there, you can just tell them that the prices seem high and see how they react lol.

Ive had similar situations with them in the past, but I still use them because they are the best in ceratin platforms, in *my opinion*.

I would use separate shops for performance mods vs lift kit. Just another opinion.

If you are swapping downpipes, esp cat delete, I would ONLY do the dyno tune, especially sicne you are right there. if it was just a basic tune, id just mail order and roll out.
Old 06-23-2016, 04:49 PM
F150 Forum

Received 546 Likes on 334 Posts

Edwin;

So sorry that you had that kind of experience with us, we never like to hear that our customer service wasn't up to a high standard, that's not right.

Looking through the estimates, it appears that there are some inaccuracies and we apologize that our vehicle installation department didn't follow up with you.

Our General Manager did reach out to you by phone and left a voicemail but please feel free to reach out to me personally, my name's Daniel and I am available at 313 561 5500 extension 122. I would love to work with you to make sure you get an accurate estimate and to make sure if you have any questions concerning prices, products and our services, that I answer them for you.

Again we do apologize for your experience with us.
The following users liked this post:
grantbalint (06-27-2016)
Old 06-23-2016, 05:46 PM

Received 646 Likes on 498 Posts

If it were me and costs were similar I'd do it in person. Maybe I'm old fashioned but somethings about an in person relationship I find beneficial. Plus I've heard they have a pretty neat set up...
Old 06-24-2016, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by zx12-iowa
If it were me and costs were similar I'd do it in person. Maybe I'm old fashioned but somethings about an in person relationship I find beneficial. Plus I've heard they have a pretty neat set up...
I totally agree, unfortunately the original quotes I received weren't similar. The initial quotes showed that there would be additional install costs MUCH higher than expected.

UPDATE: Talked the Daniel from Livernois, and he is helping rectify the pricing as it all seems to be misquoted by the original person whom I spoke with over email and phone several times. Glad to hear from him and happy they are willing to work out the details with me. I'd much rather work with them in person than over the net as they are only 15 min down the road from me. A lot of it seemed to be an issue with my initial quotes and miscommunications within their side, I know one of their main guys was out on vacation during this time.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:18 PM

I got several calls within days of posting this thread and was excited to go to Livernois and have Daniel help me out with a tuner.Well tried to call twice the week after to stop down to see Daniel, never got a response back to either voicemails or my email. Though I have seen them respond to others in the forums here...Been over 3 weeks since I left the last message.

I give up on Livernois at this point, if its this hard to communicate with a shop that's literally within 5 miles of my office, then how am I supposed to have any confidence in their product.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:28 PM

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Edwin-APA
I got several calls within days of posting this thread and was excited to go to Livernois and have Daniel help me out with a tuner.Well tried to call twice the week after to stop down to see Daniel, never got a response back to either voicemails or my email. Though I have seen them respond to others in the forums here...Been over 3 weeks since I left the last message. I give up on Livernois at this point, if its this hard to communicate with a shop that's literally within 5 miles of my office, then how am I supposed to have any confidence in their product.
That's unfortunate. A good friend of mine has used them for a while for the timing of his 3.5 ecoboost explorer sport. He couldn't be happier.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:50 PM

Received 557 Likes on 402 Posts

I agree, that's too bad to hear. It definitely seems out of character for Livernois based on all the feedback I've seen and my own personal experience emailing back and forth with Daniel on questions I had.

Have you thought about just swinging by since you're that close to their shop and talking to them in person?

It's probably a good thing I don't live that close or I'm pretty sure I'd have their tune installed already.
Old 08-11-2016, 01:03 PM

As I had been talking to Daniel, I wanted to at least give them a heads up I was coming down to speak to Daniel, rather than show up and have him not be available and then try to explain the entire story to someone who is not aware of our issues and talks. Daniel had promised to make it right when we spoke last, but like I said, that was several weeks ago now without a response to my calls or emails. It really sucks because I wanted to get their tuner, but now it seems like it's not worth all the hassle to even try to get them to respond to me...
Old 08-11-2016, 01:17 PM

Received 557 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Edwin-APA
As I had been talking to Daniel, I wanted to at least give them a heads up I was coming down to speak to Daniel, rather than show up and have him not be available and then try to explain the entire story to someone who is not aware of our issues and talks. Daniel had promised to make it right when we spoke last, but like I said, that was several weeks ago now without a response to my calls or emails. It really sucks because I wanted to get their tuner, but now it seems like it's not worth all the hassle to even try to get them to respond to me...
Gotcha, I can understand your frustration - It's definitely unfortunate.

I actually just got off the phone with them (called their main #) as I had some followup questions regarding running their tune and swapping out t-stats. I got right through and the person I spoke with (Dave) was truly helpful and professional.

I'm getting pretty close to pulling the trigger for my 2.7. Will report back results if/when I do.

Quick Reply: Livernois Tuning - Mail Order or Dyno