Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KustomFX overhead switch panel

Old 11-07-2016, 06:37 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default KustomFX overhead switch panel

Start with visuals because short attention span

Glamour shot

So I recently took delivery of the very first brand new vehicle I've ever owned, a Bronze Fire XLT. So the next obvious step was to start cutting into it haha

In all seriousness, I work in the oilfield and have a few accessories that make my life considerably easier, So I researched what people had been doing for their toggle switches in their 13th gens and hadn't really found a nice, clean solution. In fact, the entire reason I made a profile in this forum was to look for that. So anyways I came across the awesome KustomFX switch panels for the previous gen and on a lark emailed Brett to see if he had anything available for the new gen.

Brett said he was working on it at the moment and would I be willing to guinea pig it. Well I cant say no to such an offer and off I went.

To say working with Brett was amazing is all sorts of an understatement. We exchanged 32 emails to make sure I got exactly what I wanted and he customized the product exactly to the specs I requested. His attention to detail blew me away.

As for the product itself, it is one of the higher quality accessories I have come across. Seriously, everything about it is absolutely top shelf, from the thick aluminium body to the components and cabling used. Brett does not skimp on quality. Again, I was incredibly impressed.

Installation took about an hour and a half, most of which was me working up the courage to dremel a hole through the plastic of my brand new vehicle. Once installed it looks factory, but if factory was like it used to be where they took pride in quality and didn't cut corners everywhere they could.

Pictures really dont do it justice, it looks so much better in person. If anybody wants more pics or a different angle, dont hesitate to ask!

Acc ON

Glamour shot

Better Light on

Closeup

OFF
The following 6 users liked this post by El Matador:
andredl (08-23-2017), KustomFX (11-07-2016), Lockelamora (12-01-2016), mtbman1127 (11-07-2016), mudmedic (11-08-2016), Phil48315 (11-08-2016) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-07-2016, 06:43 PM

Received 140 Likes on 95 Posts

Best looking accessory switch set-up I've seen for the new trucks!
The following users liked this post:
Lockelamora (12-01-2016)
Old 11-07-2016, 06:45 PM
Texas A&M Aggie

Received 1,344 Likes on 976 Posts

That's legit!
Old 11-07-2016, 07:09 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

Congrats on the new truck. These look as good as they do, in the previous gens.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice
Old 11-07-2016, 08:10 PM
F150 Owner & Operator

Received 297 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by El Matador
Start with visuals because short attention span

Glamour shot

So I recently took delivery of the very first brand new vehicle I've ever owned, a Bronze Fire XLT. So the next obvious step was to start cutting into it haha

In all seriousness, I work in the oilfield and have a few accessories that make my life considerably easier, So I researched what people had been doing for their toggle switches in their 13th gens and hadn't really found a nice, clean solution. In fact, the entire reason I made a profile in this forum was to look for that. So anyways I came across the awesome KustomFX switch panels for the previous gen and on a lark emailed Brett to see if he had anything available for the new gen.

Brett said he was working on it at the moment and would I be willing to guinea pig it. Well I cant say no to such an offer and off I went.

To say working with Brett was amazing is all sorts of an understatement. We exchanged 32 emails to make sure I got exactly what I wanted and he customized the product exactly to the specs I requested. His attention to detail blew me away.

As for the product itself, it is one of the higher quality accessories I have come across. Seriously, everything about it is absolutely top shelf, from the thick aluminium body to the components and cabling used. Brett does not skimp on quality. Again, I was incredibly impressed.

Installation took about an hour and a half, most of which was me working up the courage to dremel a hole through the plastic of my brand new vehicle. Once installed it looks factory, but if factory was like it used to be where they took pride in quality and didn't cut corners everywhere they could.

Pictures really dont do it justice, it looks so much better in person. If anybody wants more pics or a different angle, dont hesitate to ask!

Acc ON

Glamour shot

Better Light on

Closeup

OFF
Thank you for your kind words!
Most of all, thank you for your input & help with fitment on your new truck!

Since I still have a 12th gen, the timing of me completing these and you emailing me was perfect timing. I already stopped by the dealership & made the template & was finalizing with the machine shop when you emailed me.

Due to space limitations, there is only 1 1/2" for a switch panel, (which will not permit the OTRATTW/Carling size switches at all.... but it's PERFECT for the KIC (Keep It Clean) switches. Their switches are high quality with a lifetime warranty and used mainly in street rod applications. They are SPST (on/off) and are 16a rated too!

No one likes to hack & cut into a brand new truck.... and definitely not for the faint of heart to cut into a new headliner! This mod is not for everyone.... but if one is in the market to accessorize their truck & don't want to cut up their dash.... this leaves an alternative, customized, classy & yet stock like appearance to your truck & gives you 4 switches for accessory lighting and I will laser etch a logo in the center of your choice! (A full 6 switch panel is also available, as well)!

You did a great job on your install & looks great!!!

As you said, pics don't do these justice!
Thanks again,
-Brett

Soon to be released publicly in the classified section - once install instructions are complete... (tba).

In the meantime, anyone can email me directly at: lethalweapon09@yahoo.com
(Yes, I am a second amendment supporter!)

J, ... you can definitely say that you have the very first KustomFX switch panel on a 13 gen truck!
Thanks again!

Last edited by KustomFX; 11-07-2016 at 08:28 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by KustomFX:
El Matador (11-08-2016), Phil48315 (11-08-2016)
Old 11-08-2016, 07:01 PM
2nd Amendment Supporter!

Received 407 Likes on 304 Posts

That looks sweet!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-08-2016, 08:13 PM

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

well done.
Old 11-08-2016, 08:25 PM

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

Have you thought about doing one for us Lariat and Platinum owners. Our trucks have the motion sensors in this area of the headliner?
KustomFX (11-08-2016)
Old 11-08-2016, 08:44 PM
F150 Owner & Operator

Received 297 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by Canadian F150 Owner
Have you thought about doing one for us Lariat and Platinum owners. Our trucks have the motion sensors in this area of the headliner?
I have not.... mainly because all the ones I saw on the dealer lot also had a moon roof and there is NO room at all for any switch panel at all.
Do you have the interior motion sensors without a moon roof?
The sensors are actually in the plastic "mesh" area, so it is possible.
Can you email me or post a pic of your headliner area?

If so... as long as the sensors go straight back (and not upwards).... it may work because the switch panel is above it. It actually depends on how the sensors are shaped inside the headliner if you indeed don't have a moon roof.

I'll be swinging by the dealer this weekend to take a closer look myself.

Last edited by KustomFX; 11-08-2016 at 08:48 PM.
mudmedic (11-08-2016)

Search this Thread