Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intro to Leveling Kits

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 01:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Intro to Leveling Kits

Hey All,

After browsing all the pictures of new 15s with great levels I decided I wanted to follow suit as I love the look. Still very new to most of this but I just wanted some feedback on what works best.

I've got the SuperCrew 4x4 2.7eb and don't want to do too much with it. Ideally, I want to leave the stock wheels/tires on for now and go with a basic front level. I've seen some pics with the Rough Country 2.5" and Auto Spring 2" front levels and like both. I'm leaning towards the AS 2" because I think that wouldn't be too crazy with stock wheels/tires. But any feedback here helps!

Some questions I have: Can I just purchase a front level kit without needing anything for the back (ie blocks, shocks)? How does leveling the front by 2-2.5" change MPG?

Thanks and I hope this is the right spot for the questions!
Old 08-02-2015, 02:05 PM

Received 116 Likes on 87 Posts

Since a level kit changes the rake you will notice a slight drop in MPG. Once you go to larger tires you will notice another drop in MPG. If you only level the front (up to 2") you should be fine without modifying the back however some people have posted the 2.5" level and the front looks higher than the rear (odd looking if you ask me). As for which kit to get I have no idea. I have been reading lots of posts and getting lots of conflicting info as to what will and will not fit as far as tires are concerned. Also not sure what impact anything over 2" will have on the rest of the components as that will certainly change the geometry. I'll be going with a 2" level just trying to decide on which on as some are a rather simple install and other require you to mess around with the axle to get enough clearance.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You are not alone haha! I to have surfed this forum high and low on info involving a level kit. I come from a long background of lifted trucks and have never once owned a leveled vehicle. The hard part for me comes down to the hit of MPGs I know a level wont totally affect it, but these trucks look killer on BFG KO2s! I have narrowed my decision between an autospring 2in or 2.5in, I think im leaning more towards the 2in due to the fact that I don't want to worry about adding blocks. I plan on adding stock 20in pvd wheels and eventually going with 33in or 34in KO2s after I enjoy the millage im getting for a while. Just wanted to let you know your not alone, good luck with your decision.
The following users liked this post:
JeremyJamm (08-02-2015)
Old 08-02-2015, 02:50 PM

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Here is my BlueFlame with 2.5" BDS level and Readylift 3.0" blocks on stock tires.
And bellow is my neighbors 2.0" Readylift level and Readylift 3.0" blocks on 305/55 Duratracs. I went 2.5" because I wanted it to look more level than his does because I find it looks like it has too much rake with only 2.0". But if you're not going to put on the only the level, go 2.0" unless you want it to looks stupid and have the rake going in the back, even more stupid when you have a load in your box or towing.
The following users liked this post:
Deadman1981 (08-14-2015)
Old 08-02-2015, 02:53 PM

I still have stock wheel because I was going to install some KO2's but their upcoming release still don't have the 35x12.5/20. Looks like I'm going to get some Mickey T's.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

for some odd reason when i bought my 2015 , we measured the front and the rear and it was just about 3" difference . i should be ok with a 2.5 level for the front right ?
Old 08-03-2015, 02:00 AM

Received 209 Likes on 131 Posts
Default Intro to Leveling Kits

Originally Posted by Gadgitz
Since a level kit changes the rake you will notice a slight drop in MPG. Once you go to larger tires you will notice another drop in MPG. If you only level the front (up to 2") you should be fine without modifying the back however some people have posted the 2.5" level and the front looks higher than the rear (odd looking if you ask me). As for which kit to get I have no idea. I have been reading lots of posts and getting lots of conflicting info as to what will and will not fit as far as tires are concerned. Also not sure what impact anything over 2" will have on the rest of the components as that will certainly change the geometry. I'll be going with a 2" level just trying to decide on which on as some are a rather simple install and other require you to mess around with the axle to get enough clearance.
Going from 18" stock rims and Wrangler Fortitudes of about 17-18mpg on mixed driving, I'm now with a 2" level 18" wheels and 285/65/18 Trail Grapplers I'm sitting at 12.2mpg... 11.1mpg on e85.

I noticed something interesting though. The speedo was not recalibrated after getting the tires. However, I used a GPS speedo and clocked it as 100% accurate from 1mph-84mph. I double checked the GPS speed on my Mustang and its clocking accurate as well.

Makes me think the truck came from the factory with slightly inaccurate calibrations.

I also deleted the front air dam but for a period of three weeks I was running stock wheels and tires and with the air dam in place and saw virtually no change in MPG.

Now I'm about 5.5-6.5mpg less than before and no matter how much I feather the peddle the best I've hit was 13.4mpg and I was really annoyingly *****footing it.

If the calibrations were wrong to start with then the original or hell even the EPA rated MPG may be way off.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by str808F150
for some odd reason when i bought my 2015 , we measured the front and the rear and it was just about 3" difference . i should be ok with a 2.5 level for the front right ?
Yes you should be fine, I have installed a 2.5" AS level on mine with the stock block in the back... Doesn't look nose high at all, I love it. So will you. Go for it!
- Nick
Old 08-03-2015, 08:02 AM

Received 102 Likes on 91 Posts

Intro to Leveling Kits-image.jpg
I went with the AS 2.5 front level with there 3" block in the rear. I wanted to keep I slight rake this time around, due to my 07 I had the AS 2" front level only and when towing my boat it had a squat to it. There is a 2" difference between the front and back which is a little more then I wanted ( my dumb *** miss calculated ) but I'm completely happy with it. Im also running the BFG KO2s 285/65/20 As for mileage honestly at least according to gauge I'm averaging between 17-18 mpg and more or less all rural driving (admittedly I'm a pansy driver ). Air dam also removed
Old 08-03-2015, 09:32 AM

Looks great, did you do wheel spacers too cuz your wheels seem to stick out a bit?

Quick Reply: Intro to Leveling Kits