Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hill assist problem?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 10:41 PM

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Hill assist problem?

Ok, just turned 1000 miles on my 5.0 15 lariat. Tonight I started my truck that was sitting outside in 19 degree weather for 5 hours. I was heading home witch is about a 5 mile drive. While getting on the highway the truck began to bogged down I kept trying to give it some gas and the rpms kept going down. I thought it was going to stall. I could not get the rpms to go any higher than 3k. Speed would not go over 55mph. Then a warning message came on the driver information center that said hill assistance not active. I thought I was going to have to pull over but I got it to limp back home. I went in the house and read my manual to see if there was something in it to let me know what happened. I thought maybe the hill assist was acting up or maybe stabilatrac had an issue. Got back in the truck to take it for another drive to see if I missed anything, and it drove just fine. I have felt the hill assist kick in a few times earlier, it felt like the brakes were being applied even though I was on level ground. I had to give it some more gas to try to release the braking feeling and even tapped the brakes so the truck would release the brakes. Anyone else have this problem. I will be calling my dealer ASAP...
Old 02-18-2015, 09:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had this happen to me one time, truck was outside in the cold and I was taking off on almost solid ice in long driveway, I immediately shut truck off and restarted and I have never had this problem since. I know this probably doesn't help much but I thought I would share my experience.

Jason
Old 02-18-2015, 10:00 PM

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

There are a couple threads about this.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:03 PM
Gas Guzzler

Received 89 Likes on 39 Posts

great another thing for us to worry about with the 15's. good luck, i hope they take care of you.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:18 PM
DR9

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Did you get your truck before 1/10/15?
Old 02-18-2015, 10:26 PM

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by DR9
Did you get your truck before 1/10/15?
what does the build date have to do with anything? Was a change implemented post1/10/15?
Old 02-19-2015, 01:31 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by 4rdnut
Ok, just turned 1000 miles on my 5.0 15 lariat. Tonight I started my truck that was sitting outside in 19 degree weather for 5 hours. I was heading home witch is about a 5 mile drive. While getting on the highway the truck began to bogged down I kept trying to give it some gas and the rpms kept going down. I thought it was going to stall. I could not get the rpms to go any higher than 3k. Speed would not go over 55mph. Then a warning message came on the driver information center that said hill assistance not active. I thought I was going to have to pull over but I got it to limp back home. I went in the house and read my manual to see if there was something in it to let me know what happened. I thought maybe the hill assist was acting up or maybe stabilatrac had an issue. Got back in the truck to take it for another drive to see if I missed anything, and it drove just fine. I have felt the hill assist kick in a few times earlier, it felt like the brakes were being applied even though I was on level ground. I had to give it some more gas to try to release the braking feeling and even tapped the brakes so the truck would release the brakes. Anyone else have this problem. I will be calling my dealer ASAP...
Addressing this with your dealer is the right first step, 4rdnut. Were they able to diagnose this? Please let me know the current status of your truck; I'll research additional options, if necessary.

Brittany

Trending Topics

Old 02-27-2015, 08:51 PM

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Called dealer , he said if it was slippery out it was probably the traction control that activated. Yes it was a little slick out that night. But that was scary how the truck just went limp. I haven't had anymore episodes since that night. I'll let you know if I do.

Quick Reply: Hill assist problem?