Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bedrug Failure

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 04:58 PM

Received 119 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Bedrug Failure

I have a 15 month old Bedrug in my truck, and I live in Phoenix. It is showing an unusual spotting pattern, that Bedrug admits is UV damage. They will only replace it under warranty for another of the same. I know its just going to happen again, and they admit it is not for my area. Take a look at the chat I had with them today. I asked about an equivalent exchange that won't have this problem, and was told item for item only. Anyone how has put one of these in knows its a lot of work if done right. I am going to live with it until I get tired of looking at it. I won't deal with these folks again, and anyone who is thinking about it should be aware. Notice they didn't respond to my final comment.
Attached Thumbnails Bedrug Failure-bedrug.png   Bedrug Failure-bedrug2.png   Bedrug Failure-imag0586.jpg  
Old 09-13-2017, 07:27 PM

Received 337 Likes on 213 Posts

I live in AZ and have a bedrug. But I also have a tonneau cover. If you're not going to put a tonneau cover on, I would opt for a LineX. But that's water under the bridge. It flat out sucks that Bedrug won't let you swap out for a Bedtred. Pretty weak by Bedrug. Try again with someone else.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:43 PM

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

I can sympathize, but Bedrug is not abandoning you. They are covering such under warranty. A warranty that has its terms on the website and came with product.

They didn't tell you what model to buy nor hid the terms of terms of the warranty.

That said, a phone conversation is always better than the impersonal Internet. Call and ask for a supervisor. Call with the attitude you understand they owe you nothing but an exchange, which they offered. Explain you did not realize the other product was better suited and don't want to go through multiple replacements every 15-18 months, and be an unhappy customer. Know the retail difference in price between your model and what you want. Ask if you can upgrade, and you will pay the cost and shipping on the return and new model. Skip the attitude and old "I will never buy again" or "I will post/share this..." stuff. Most times it doesn't work and they don't care. Be reasonable - some of its on you and there is a price to pay for such. If you call as mentioned, I am sure they will take care of you.
The following 2 users liked this post by Joeyd6:
jbc77 (09-13-2017), Scotsskier (09-14-2017)
Old 09-13-2017, 09:28 PM

Received 363 Likes on 212 Posts

They offered to replace it for free, what more do you want? Why do you think you are owed/entitled to a different product than the one you have?
The following 2 users liked this post by tom231:
77Ranger460 (09-14-2017), MCDavis (09-13-2017)
Old 09-13-2017, 09:36 PM

Received 2,719 Likes on 2,056 Posts

So, take the replacement, sell it and buy something else, done deal. UV damage will happen no matter what you put back there, including a spray in considering where you live. How do you know for sure the Bedtread wont lighten from UV? If the color bothers you too much, you can always get some Ritz and change it.
The following 2 users liked this post by acdii:
Scotsskier (09-14-2017), Silver-Bolt (09-14-2017)
Old 09-13-2017, 10:04 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I just added a bedrug to my truck but added a tonneau cover at the same time. I don't think I would have gone the bedrug route if I was going to leave my bed uncovered probably would have gone with the spray in liner or just plain mat.

Last edited by Longhorngary; 09-13-2017 at 10:07 PM.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:46 PM

Received 570 Likes on 473 Posts

I have to agree with a few others...Bedrug is offering you a free replacement with very little opposition or questioning. Very few companies with allow you to take possession of another product in their line under warranty.

An inexpensive bed cover would do wonders.

I had a Bedrug on the truck I traded and it was wonderful.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:20 PM
30 states home/biz solar

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

If you get a new factory replacement I'll take it off your hands for 80% of what they sell for new. Not an insult just an offer to help
Old 09-14-2017, 11:19 PM

Received 94 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeyd6
I can sympathize, but Bedrug is not abandoning you. They are covering such under warranty. A warranty that has its terms on the website and came with product.

They didn't tell you what model to buy nor hid the terms of terms of the warranty.

That said, a phone conversation is always better than the impersonal Internet. Call and ask for a supervisor. Call with the attitude you understand they owe you nothing but an exchange, which they offered. Explain you did not realize the other product was better suited and don't want to go through multiple replacements every 15-18 months, and be an unhappy customer. Know the retail difference in price between your model and what you want. Ask if you can upgrade, and you will pay the cost and shipping on the return and new model. Skip the attitude and old "I will never buy again" or "I will post/share this..." stuff. Most times it doesn't work and they don't care. Be reasonable - some of its on you and there is a price to pay for such. If you call as mentioned, I am sure they will take care of you.
All this. You have nothing to lose and all to gain.
I am both pleased that they're so forthright on their warranty and a bit disappointed that my Phoenix-based bedliner may do the same, but, as others said, they aren't denying you service and you are the one asking for a special.