Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 wheel data

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 08:02 AM

Received 496 Likes on 345 Posts
Default 2018 wheel data

I'm looking for the data spec sheet for 2018 MY wheels. I have seen it posted in threads but I cannot find it now. It lists all wheels available in the model year with dimensions, pressure and carrying capacity. I have found previous model year data as well as links to the Ford Fleet site that are no longer current or active. Help is appreciated.
Old 05-03-2019, 11:25 AM

Received 116 Likes on 75 Posts

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/ford...-50ti-usdm-395
The following users liked this post:
Airshow (05-03-2019)
Old 05-03-2019, 11:37 AM

Thanks, I found that page which gives wheel sizes but doesn't give the specs for each style. In particular I'm looking for the load ratings.
Old 05-03-2019, 12:28 PM
Size Matters

Received 3,360 Likes on 1,698 Posts

Attached Files
The following 2 users liked this post by tmcolegr:
B00Ndocker (05-03-2019), Wicked ace (05-03-2019)
Old 05-03-2019, 12:31 PM

Received 530 Likes on 373 Posts

That's interesting. It appears that it's not too hard to find aftermarket wheels with higher load capacity. Unless Ford's ratings are just very conservative.
Old 05-03-2019, 02:04 PM
uncommonly sensible

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by sholxgt
That's interesting. It appears that it's not too hard to find aftermarket wheels with higher load capacity. Unless Ford's ratings are just very conservative.
I'm curious about your concern for wheel load capacity. It's a good thing to know and interesting that you care because most wheel buyers only care about looks, Are you concerned that your factory wheels are not up to your truck's payload rating? It's reasonable to expect that manufactures take into account wheels, tires, suspension, axles, and many other factors to arrive at that rating. I would think that each of those component sets (like 4 tires or 4 wheels, or both axles) would have to be equal to or greater than the GVWR. I don't know if it really works that way.

I looked at the chart (thank to TMCOLEGR for attaching it) and find it curious that the wheels are rated for front and rear. Maybe the side-load forces of steering eat up some load capacity.
Anyway, combining front and rear (x2), my wheels are rated at 7706 my truck's GVWR is 7000. I guess that means the wheels are properly rated assuming I keep all 4 on the ground. Now I'm going to have to find the tire ratings.
Old 05-03-2019, 02:11 PM

Received 530 Likes on 373 Posts

I believe you meant to quote the OP. My only reason for looking at the ratings was to compare to aftermarket wheels.

I'm considering a set of wheels, but am definitely not the kind to only care about looks. I would want them to be equal to or greater than OEM load rating AND, here's the hard part, not be any heavier than stock. Ideally, I'd like to find some that are lighter and stronger. Shopping flow formed wheels mostly because they strike a balance between weight, capacity, and cost.
Old 05-03-2019, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by B00Ndocker
I'm curious about your concern for wheel load capacity. It's a good thing to know and interesting that you care because most wheel buyers only care about looks, Are you concerned that your factory wheels are not up to your truck's payload rating? It's reasonable to expect that manufactures take into account wheels, tires, suspension, axles, and many other factors to arrive at that rating. I would think that each of those component sets (like 4 tires or 4 wheels, or both axles) would have to be equal to or greater than the GVWR. I don't know if it really works that way.

I looked at the chart (thank to TMCOLEGR for attaching it) and find it curious that the wheels are rated for front and rear. Maybe the side-load forces of steering eat up some load capacity.
Anyway, combining front and rear (x2), my wheels are rated at 7706 my truck's GVWR is 7000. I guess that means the wheels are properly rated assuming I keep all 4 on the ground. Now I'm going to have to find the tire ratings.
The GAWR for my truck is 4800# , the tires are 2535# while the wheels are rated at 2275# according to the sheet tmcolger provided.. The math doesn't work does it? I was thinking of using a set of 2018 Sport take -offs, the reason for my question. I saw a previous MY data sheet that lists the previous Sport wheels the same as the HDPP aluminum wheels.

Last edited by Wicked ace; 05-03-2019 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-04-2019, 11:13 AM
uncommonly sensible

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked ace
The GAWR for my truck is 4800# , the tires are 2535# while the wheels are rated at 2275# according to the sheet tmcolger provided.. The math doesn't work does it? I was thinking of using a set of 2018 Sport take -offs, the reason for my question. I saw a previous MY data sheet that lists the previous Sport wheels the same as the HDPP aluminum wheels.
I did mean to quote you (the OP) in my previous post, but good luck to sholxgt in finding the ideal wheel. Let us know how you do.
I think the target is the GVWR, not the axle rating, as long as both axles (combined) are equal to or greater than the vehicle GVWR. Maybe the rear axle is a little over-engineered for the truck. No complaints if that's the case. My theory is that those support pieces - tire set, wheel set, axle set each need to match or exceed the target of the GVWR.
Old 05-04-2019, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by B00Ndocker
I did mean to quote you (the OP) in my previous post, but good luck to sholxgt in finding the ideal wheel. Let us know how you do.
I think the target is the GVWR, not the axle rating, as long as both axles (combined) are equal to or greater than the vehicle GVWR. Maybe the rear axle is a little over-engineered for the truck. No complaints if that's the case. My theory is that those support pieces - tire set, wheel set, axle set each need to match or exceed the target of the GVWR.
Yea well....we'll have to agree to disagree. I believe the whole is only as good as it's weakest link. So going with a wheel having a lesser weight rating than what is there now isn't in my best interest.
What you care to do is certainly up to you.

Quick Reply: 2018 wheel data