Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Throttle body spacer

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Throttle body spacer

Another noob question, Why does a throttle body spacer add power? What is the difference between spiralled or smooth spacers? and which company makes the best?
Old 12-10-2008, 08:30 PM
We'd do it

Received 449 Likes on 402 Posts

The general concensus around here is that they are garbage, they don't do anything. Save your money and get something else. That isn't my opinion but most that I have read here. I don't have enough knowledge about them to form my own opinion. Now on a carbureted application they are said to do some good, the spiralled ones are supposed to atomize the fuel better. Atomization isn't a problem with fuel injection since the fuel is atomized by the injector and the fuel doesn't go through the spacer so the spacer doesn't help with it. The smooth spacer on carbureted just gives the fuel more time to atomize without the additional help from the spirals, and both raise the carburetor further from the intake which helps keep the carb and fuel cooler.

Quick Reply: Throttle body spacer