Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Bronco spare tire rack on an F-150?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bronco spare tire rack on an F-150?

I recently bought a new truck (95 F-150 5.8L) that didn't have a spare or any of the mounting hardware underneath. I know that these are a pain to get on an off so I was going to get one of those mounts you install in the bed to hold it on but I don't want to lose the space in my bed if possible. I was driving behind a bronco yesterday and was looking at the spare tire rack on it and it looked like it might work on my F-150. Does anyone know if this will work and what I have to do to make it happen? Thanks.

I posted this on the modifications forum too, but then I realized it said aftermarket modifications, sorry.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:47 PM
We'd do it

Received 449 Likes on 402 Posts

The body isn't strong enough to support the spare tire rack, so I assume the Bronco has extra bracing to do it. You would have to make this bracing yourself or cut it from the Bronco and weld it to your truck. Then the bracket that bolts to the tailgate would have to be bolted on, making sure there is enough support for it too.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont know anything about the bracing...but i have seen the rack on a 150 and it looked pretty good.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bed is not tall enough to mount the Bronco Spare rack onto it. The Bronco tailgate is about 4 inches taller than the pickup gate the mount for the Bronco will be just about where the top of the bed is and the lower will be just above the bumper. LMC Truck sells the older style in bed mounts and these are better than the under bed mounts.

Quick Reply: Bronco spare tire rack on an F-150?