Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Some passing thoughts on my 1996 project toy

Old 02-04-2019, 12:35 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Some passing thoughts on my 1996 project toy

I'm probably going to replace the whole fuel system, or at least the bulk of it. Anyone here have thoughts or expierences with the plastic/hdpe tanks? I kinda like the idea of the lighter weight and 0 chance for rust. But is the price worth it? Any cons to it?

Also thinking about a disk conversion for the back... Pros/cons? It seems interesting to me and would look better if I change up the wheels.

Rust rust rust. On nearly every exposes steel surface... Not bad, and not eating through but would like to be rid of it. Exterior is simple. Interior I have rust on the steering shaft going to the firewall. After cleaning what do You guys suggest to prime/paint with to stop it. I'm asking in regards to fumes and over spray under the dash.

For now I'm taking a break from the truck. Gotta do some stuff to my daily and build up some funds.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:37 AM
Bronco Guru

Liked 413 Times in 380 Posts

There is no advantage to breaking up the discussion on the same truck - keep it all in the original thread:
https://www.f150forum.com/f10/finall...-today-438241/
Old 02-05-2019, 05:07 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
There is no advantage to breaking up the discussion on the same truck - keep it all in the original thread:
https://www.f150forum.com/f10/finall...-today-438241/
Are you a mod or admin here?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Some passing thoughts on my 1996 project toy

Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: