Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Any idea's

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any idea's

Hello,
I have a 95 f-150 Flareside with duel tanks.The front tank does not register when full the rear does. Switch works OK when tank is empty,any ideas what to look for to make front tank register? Thanks !
Old 04-30-2009, 03:51 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Welcome

Hello, I have no help but I moved your post to a more appropriate section so someone with more knowledge can help you. The section you were in was for Forum suggestions/comments.

Good Luck

Sin
Old 04-30-2009, 10:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a bad sending unit in the front tank. You'll have to drop the tank and pull the entire pump assembly to change the sender.

Does the truck run on both tanks?
Old 04-30-2009, 10:19 PM

If it was running I wouldn't bother, just go off millage. I have the same problem. The back tank sender unit works, front doesn't. Switch is good, and both pumps still operate. So im not really worried about it, cause like cow said, you have to either drop the tank, or take the bed off, and you might as well do both while you are there.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:46 AM

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by SinCityFX4
Hello, I have no help but I moved your post to a more appropriate section so someone with more knowledge can help you. The section you were in was for Forum suggestions/comments.

Good Luck

Sin
This was my first time using and you are help sending to the proper Forum. Thanks again
Old 05-01-2009, 10:55 AM

I thought it could be the sending unit. both tanks work ok and rear tank registers fine. Just trying to fix all the nooks and crannies on this truck. Thanks for answering and I think as long as it is working I will leave all well alone.Thanks again

Originally Posted by aliens8mycow
Sounds like a bad sending unit in the front tank. You'll have to drop the tank and pull the entire pump assembly to change the sender.

Does the truck run on both tanks?
Old 05-01-2009, 11:01 AM

I totally agree, I will leave all well alone. I was hoping for a simple solutuion and I think I just found it. Thanks again

Originally Posted by Boogerburns
If it was running I wouldn't bother, just go off millage. I have the same problem. The back tank sender unit works, front doesn't. Switch is good, and both pumps still operate. So im not really worried about it, cause like cow said, you have to either drop the tank, or take the bed off, and you might as well do both while you are there.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:08 AM

You know the beauty of having two tanks is I let the front tank run completely empty before I switch to rear tank. I hope this is not a bad thing to let it run completly out and then switch. Any comments on this, I havent experienced any just wondering if this could be a potential problem. Thanks
Old 05-01-2009, 04:00 PM
corey

if you let it run to long without gas going through the pump, youll burn the pump up.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:54 PM
Hybrid Truck

Plus you will be sucking everything off of the bottom of the tank
(if there is anything in the bottom)

Quick Reply: Any idea's