Topic Sponsor

Headlights turning off and on while driving 95 4.9l

Old 03-31-2015, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlights turning off and on while driving 95 4.9l

So tonight I decide to venture out to dairyqueen and on the way out of the drive thru my head lights shut off. The strange thing is for some reason at first using the turn signal made them come back on. They flickered on and of for a few more minutes before deciding to stay on for the better part of trip home until I turned on my street. Once on my street they flicked of again, until I flicked them to brights at which point they came back on. I am half wondering if I have not developed a short in my turn signal switch that is somehow effecting my lights. But I'm not sure, any ideas of what it might be and what to check? It's never done this before until tonight. Any advice is greatly appreciated..
Old 04-01-2015, 02:33 AM
1994 F150 XLT 5.8L 2wd

Received 247 Likes on 237 Posts

This should be a cheap fix but could take some time to track down. I would start by cleaning any associated connectors with quick drying electronic clean, ensuring that all of the wires are properly situated in each connector as you pull them apart. The next step, is to track the wiring to find the bad spot. This should be easier with a multimeter if you can duplicate the "no light" situation, start at the headlights and track back until you find power.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:50 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

Sounds like the multi function switch (turn signal switch), most likely.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Headlights turning off and on while driving 95 4.9l