Topic Sponsor

Fixing fuel pump sending unit and dual tank switch?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 01:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Fixing fuel pump sending unit and dual tank switch?

Hey guys, looking at buying a 1995 f150 standard cab 4x4 manual long bed with 150k miles. The seller says the fuel pump sending unit isn't working. He had a guy look at it and he said the float is certainly reading wrong. I did some research on that and that doesn't look like a big deal. The latest is that the dual tank switch isn't working. The guy said it could be either the switch or the relay that isn't working. How would I go about fixing this? Are these common issues? Other than this he says everything runs fine. The truck is out of state so I can't go look at It, it will have to be shipped. Thoughts? Thanks!
Old 06-22-2017, 08:39 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

Not a huge deal if he's being truthful. If it's as simple as replacing the tank switch or a relay you would think he would have just fixed it on a truck that's worth having shipped.
Never a good idea to buy a truck (unless it's a dirt cheap parts truck) without looking at it first.
How much is airfare to fly there, look at it and fly back home ? Probably cheaper than finding out things are not quite as represented to be - after the fact. You can't just ship it back and demand your money back.
Buy smart. Look first.