Topic Sponsor

Glove box issues

 
Old 04-11-2017, 11:54 AM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glove box issues

I have a 93 f150 xl and the glove box does not close. The glove box itself is fine but the piece that the latch on the glove box connects to is broken. Does anyone know what this part is and where I can find one or has anyone got a decent fix? I have though of using a U bolt and screwing it into the dash but wanted to know if anyone has a better suggestion. Thank y'all. I will post pictures of it later.
Nate Cornell is offline  
Old 04-11-2017, 03:41 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
BCMIF150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SW Michigan
Posts: 3,564
Received 631 Likes on 434 Posts
Default

You might try LMC truck. Put in your year and search glove box. They have a lot of stuff.
BCMIF150 is offline  
Old 04-11-2017, 08:45 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Chris_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,798
Received 692 Likes on 657 Posts
Default

Wrecking yard.
Chris_1 is offline  
Old 04-11-2017, 09:03 PM
  #4  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

10-4. Thank yall
Nate Cornell is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 12:20 AM
  #5  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I have the same issue. I have learned from the local dealership the part is called Lamp Assembly / Catch Glove Compartment. The part number is F2TZ.14413.A. Unfortunately, it is discontinued. I haven't been able to locate an after market replacement and haven't had any luck finding one in a junk yard. Has anyone else had luck elsewhere?
Sean73 is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 01:07 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 728
Likes: 0
Received 106 Likes on 105 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Sean73 View Post
I have the same issue. I have learned from the local dealership the part is called Lamp Assembly / Catch Glove Compartment. The part number is F2TZ.14413.A. Unfortunately, it is discontinued. I haven't been able to locate an after market replacement and haven't had any luck finding one in a junk yard. Has anyone else had luck elsewhere?
Go to www.rearcounter.com it looks like there is one available through them.
88xlt is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 07:44 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Chris_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,798
Received 692 Likes on 657 Posts
Default

Didn't know those were so hard to find. I've got a few of them around.
Chris_1 is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 10:51 PM
  #8  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Chris_1 View Post
Didn't know those were so hard to find. I've got a few of them around.
@Chris, I am checking with RearCounter.com, but email me if you are willing to part with one.
Sean73 is offline  
Old 08-13-2017, 10:12 AM
  #9  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Chris_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,798
Received 692 Likes on 657 Posts
Default

If you don't have any luck or it's stupid expensive, PM me.
Chris_1 is offline  
Old 01-31-2019, 12:41 PM
  #10  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Nate Cornell View Post
I have a 93 f150 xl and the glove box does not close. The glove box itself is fine but the piece that the latch on the glove box connects to is broken. Does anyone know what this part is and where I can find one or has anyone got a decent fix? I have though of using a U bolt and screwing it into the dash but wanted to know if anyone has a better suggestion. Thank y'all. I will post pictures of it later.
I epoxied a neodymium magnet to each top corner of the glove box door. Then removed the rubber door bushings. I screwed bolts in with a nut on them so they were the same length as the bushings I removed. It works beautifully!
Timb9635 is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: