Topic Sponsor

Torque Converter Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torque Converter Recommendation

Hey all, i mostly just lurk here so i havent put my truck in my signature yet, but i have a 95 f150, 302 4x4 and i need advice on good stall speed for a new converter and what brands are best. Ill try to keep this part short, The truck has a 4r70w trans, 4.56 gears and 33s, header back exhaust, and I am doing a "rolling restoration". Final goal is ~400hp (until i can supercharge it much later on). I have been slowly building the truck with the end goal in mind. So while my build may seem imbalanced at times, i am always working toward the end goal. Drivetrain (besides axles), engine, and paint are the 3 big ones left on my list. That said, my usage includes some offroading, doing truck stuff, and always ALWAYS "Spirited driving". I keep it off the freeway usually due to the gears. Trans will be built either when i have the funds, or after i build the engine and blow it up. Im thinking about going to something like a 2000 stall converter, as this would give me a boost in getting everything rolling off the line while still being streetable and would be an excellent chance to upgrade to a high quality converter. Any thoughts or personal anecdotes would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: Torque Converter Recommendation