Topic Sponsor

M5OD Transmission Problem. Bushings?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M5OD Transmission Problem. Bushings?

1992 Flareside 300 inline 6. shifted from first to second and it didnt move. So second gear stopped working so tried to make it home skipping to third. Got stopped by a train then it wouldnt go to 1,3,4,5 but i had 2 and R. some how got it into first but when i put in 2,3,4,5 it would just rev. Now that it is home it just revs in first and second. WTF! People are telling me it is synchros just not sure. cant find anyone else with the same problem. sorry if this dosent make any sense im stressing.
Old 07-29-2017, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by mrkerrydouglaslol
WTF! People are telling me it is synchros just not sure. cant find anyone else with the same problem. sorry if this dosent make any sense im stressing.
I hear you brother man, I hear you. My gut instinct tells me that's an awful lot of different sequential problems for just one tranny.

Plus, that just sounds odd for such a sturdy old tranny. (got it on a '96 300 6 m'self)

Ok, I'll cut to the chase. (remember that free advice is only worth what you paid for it, lol)

I would suspect the shifter first. I've had sloppy shifters before that gave me fits. Also, between the tranny & the shifter, the tranny is the weakest link.

Good luck!

Last edited by Magyver; 07-29-2017 at 02:33 PM.
Old 08-13-2017, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Magyver
I hear you brother man, I hear you. My gut instinct tells me that's an awful lot of different sequential problems for just one tranny.

Plus, that just sounds odd for such a sturdy old tranny. (got it on a '96 300 6 m'self)

Ok, I'll cut to the chase. (remember that free advice is only worth what you paid for it, lol)

I would suspect the shifter first. I've had sloppy shifters before that gave me fits. Also, between the tranny & the shifter, the tranny is the weakest link.

Good luck!
I ended up getting a used trans at the junkyard for 150, im pretty sure it was a shifter fork. Now i cant get the POS to bleed even with a mighty vac. Thank you for the reply though.