Topic Sponsor

E4OD troubles in two differnt trucks

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 01:32 PM
When in doubt, floor it

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default E4OD troubles in two differnt trucks

I have two trucks with the E4OD in them. One is a 1995 f150 and the other is a 1993. I'll start with the 1995. This one is very sparratic. Ive had issues when I will be driving the truck around and it just randomly decides not to shift out of first gear but if I shift it manually it will. Then when I put it back to drive it does it again. When I shut the truck off, turn it on again its fine. Also when I'm on a longer trip, around 30 miles it will randomly kick out of cruise. When it does this it seems to be in some gear between 3rd and overdrive. At times it the overdrive light will blink. Again shut the truck of, start it up, and its fine. Any ideas?
Now with the 1993. THis truck has a surging problem. Right from zero all the way to however fast I go. I figured its the transmission because when going down the highway, it has kicked out of gear for a split second then dropped back in. Its not a hard shift but definetly noticeable. While under hard acceleration, the truck doesn't surge, only light to medium acceleration, and cruising speeds. Could this be the modulator valve? Some input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:57 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

http://www.becontrols.com/ourfaqs/e4...1.htm#02182496

Quick Reply: E4OD troubles in two differnt trucks