Topic Sponsor

94 M5ODR2 help

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 09:39 PM
Dan’94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 M5ODR2 help

I have a ‘94 4.9 4x4 with the 5 speed M5ODR2. The truck has sat a few years but with a few odds and ends being replaced the truck runs fine. However, I just recently pulled it out of the garage for the first time since starting my project. It did fine except the clutch pedal felt a little stiff when being depressed and was extremely slow on returning back up. Slow enough I could take my foot completely off the pedal and it stayed the same speed. Is this an indication of a a bad slave cylinder or something or could it just be old gunky fluid? Any help is appreciated.
Old 10-31-2018, 10:06 PM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

I'm not clear on what you're describing. Slow pedal-return, or the truck's road speed (MPH), or the engine speed (RPM)?

If the fluid is gunky, change it. The clutch uses brake fluid, and the trans uses Dexron/Mercon ATF. Click these & read the captions:

(phone app link)

(phone app link)

(phone app link)

(phone app link)

(phone app link)
Old 10-31-2018, 11:19 PM
Dan’94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve83
I'm not clear on what you're describing. Slow pedal-return, or the truck's road speed (MPH), or the engine speed (RPM)?

If the fluid is gunky, change it. The clutch uses brake fluid, and the trans uses Dexron/Mercon ATF. Click these & read the captions:

(phone app link)

(phone app link)

(phone app link)

(phone app link)

(phone app link)
the pedal is slow to return

Quick Reply: 94 M5ODR2 help