Topic Sponsor

self adjusting drum brakes issue.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 01:16 PM

Received 132 Likes on 122 Posts
Default self adjusting drum brakes issue.

So the rear brake on the passenger side of my truck keeps rubbing, the cause of it is that the little plate that guides the self adjuster cable keeps popping out of the hole that it is supposed to sit on. I know that the spring is supposed to hold it in, so I know that something is not right. the plate itself seems fine, and the hole it sits in on the brake shoe also looks fine, so im really not sure which one is causing the issue. The guide plate is only a dollar at a parts store, so would it be a good idea to just replace that and then if I still have the issue, I can replace the entire brake assembly. Although I have heard that this issue is commonly caused because of a flaw in the design of the aftermarket parts.
Id like to upload a picture of it, but my truck is STILL at the frame shop awaiting repair, so i wont be able to do that right now.
Old 04-13-2019, 09:12 PM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

No, I wouldn't ever buy parts-store parts for that. Click this, read the caption, follow the links, and do some more searching using the PNs listed:

(phone app link)

Check eBay, RockAuto, Tasca, LMC Truck, Jeff's BroncoGraveyard...

Also read the PREVious two & NEXT several captions.
Old 04-13-2019, 09:15 PM

Received 1,208 Likes on 969 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve83
No, I wouldn't ever buy parts-store parts for that. Click this, read the caption, follow the links, and do some more searching using the PNs listed:

(phone app link)

Check eBay, RockAuto, Tasca, LMC Truck, Jeff's BroncoGraveyard...

Also read the PREVious two & NEXT several captions.
check rock auto first

Quick Reply: self adjusting drum brakes issue.