Topic Sponsor

Lowering a 92 flareside

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 11:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lowering a 92 flareside

im looking to lower the front and rear 2 or 3 inches not looking to slam the truck or anything just want it to sit a bit lower then it is now. It’s definitely bouncy all around right now so the plan is to lower and change out shock springs etc. I’m very much a sports car guy so I like sitting lower and having a tighter suspension is more my style. It will not be used to haul anything heavy or tow, maybe put my Harley in the back but that’s about it. It’s rwd if it was a 4x4 it would be lifted. Do I replace the rear leaf springs entirely? Is there a specific front setup available that would do the trick? Any help is appreciated thanks
this is the look I’m going for. Top my truck bottom inspiration. Tires will be replaced as well

Old 06-02-2018, 12:56 PM
Martin

Received 257 Likes on 221 Posts

There is a lowering thread in general section of forum that would help.
But some basics DJB makes a complete kit then less expensive Belltech 2" lowering springs up front with shackles and hangers in the back for 4".
Old 06-02-2018, 10:40 PM

Thanks ill look for the thread and check out the recommendation. Went to my location tire guy today and told him what i want for look / and tires he recommended 295/50/15 using my stock wheels which would help lower the truck bit already obviously there will be a bigger wheel gap, but its a start, never realize the price difference from truck to car. I'm used to spending like 135-150 a tires now its closer to 175 each installed might have to do some internet tire shopping this time.
Old 06-02-2018, 10:50 PM

How wide should / Could i go on the back tire?
Old 06-07-2018, 11:05 AM

Would this kit be all i need to lower my truck or would there be additional parts/ work needed??
Thanks

http://www.belltech.com/belltech-87-...cks-926nd.html
Old 06-07-2018, 03:50 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Erobae12
Would this kit be all i need to lower my truck or would there be additional parts/ work needed??
Thanks

http://www.belltech.com/belltech-87-...cks-926nd.html
I've run this kit for the last couple of years and was very happy with the results and the ride. I would easily recommend this set up to anyone interested.

With Belltech 2"/4" kit installed

I recently, two weeks ago, removed the belltech kit and installed DJM dream beams and flipped the rear axle

With DJM Dream beams and rear axle flip.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by teufelhund
I've run this kit for the last couple of years and was very happy with the results and the ride. I would easily recommend this set up to anyone interested.

I recently, two weeks ago, removed the belltech kit and installed DJM dream beams and flipped the rear axle

Thanks. is a direct bolt on kit or will anything need to me modified? Did you change the leaf springs as well or just used the stocks?
Old 06-08-2018, 09:09 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Direct bolt on yes, but the rear spring hangers may be riveted in so, they will need to be drilled out or ground down and punched out. You'll keep your stock leaf springs.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:32 AM

Direct bolt on yes, but the rear spring hangers may be riveted in so, they will need to be drilled out or ground down and punched out. You'll keep your stock leaf springs.
Thank you
Old 07-04-2018, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered the DJM kit. What tire and wheel setup are you running? Nice looking truck.

Quick Reply: Lowering a 92 flareside