Topic Sponsor

More leveling issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 12:39 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default More leveling issues

So, I'm looking for all the advise I can get on this subject right now, I have a 1991 ford f150 2wd, xlt lariat with the 4.9l this is my first truck and i don't have tons of money to put into it but since i got it i have despised the 2wd look. I am happy with the truck in every other way but the stance, so a about 2 weeks ago I finally got enough money and got a leveling kit and adjustable camber bushings. I installed these and am now happy with the stance, alright so that's were it should end, but its not... today i was informed by my step dad the mechanic that any kind coil spacer is illegal in PA, so I'm back to square 1 here. I want her lifted up so I'm going to go with f250 springs. Has anyone done this yet? I want to lift it 2" in the front and no more. If anyone has the part number of what the used i would appreciate it as well as before and after pics and a list of what was used. Please and thank you. I do not want to alter the rear suspension, just level the front, again thank you in advance...
Old 10-30-2018, 12:05 AM

Received 489 Likes on 436 Posts

Originally Posted by JUNK-MAN
So, I'm looking for all the advise I can get on this subject right now, I have a 1991 ford f150 2wd, xlt lariat with the 4.9l this is my first truck and i don't have tons of money to put into it but since i got it i have despised the 2wd look. I am happy with the truck in every other way but the stance, so a about 2 weeks ago I finally got enough money and got a leveling kit and adjustable camber bushings. I installed these and am now happy with the stance, alright so that's were it should end, but its not... today i was informed by my step dad the mechanic that any kind coil spacer is illegal in PA, so I'm back to square 1 here. I want her lifted up so I'm going to go with f250 springs. Has anyone done this yet? I want to lift it 2" in the front and no more. If anyone has the part number of what the used i would appreciate it as well as before and after pics and a list of what was used. Please and thank you. I do not want to alter the rear suspension, just level the front, again thank you in advance...
Best bet is to get moog cc824 springs. It will raise it about 1.5" in the front. Probably will need to adjust the camber again.
Old 10-30-2018, 06:35 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

I put 250 springs in mine. CC844.
the cc824 will pick it up about the same with a smoother ride.
Old 10-31-2018, 10:45 PM

I got the cc824s today, i am not very pleased as it did not give me any lift, even though the springs are longer. it is only about a half an inch higher than it was with factory springs. I already have $160 in this front end and I'm sick of pouring cash into it, as I said in my original post i don't have a ton of money for it ad I'm 16 and its my first truck. Im going to have to take out the 60 dollars worth of camber bushings now because i don't see the point of paying for an alignment when it is practically were it was at factory. Ill get a pic of the truck itself tommrow. As of now I think I'm just going to drive it as is until I can afford a good obs 4x4. Thanks for the help anyway guys.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:06 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My 95 F150 4x4 is getting new shoes (285/65/18's) on 18x9 wheels. Also installing rough country 1.5 in. leveling springs......If I'm still running factory / original shocks, I assume this is also a good time to replace those??

Thoughts on these? Skyjacker Hydro 7000, Hydraulic, Shock Absorber, 29.83 in. Extended, 17.32 in. Collapsed

Is this what I need??
Old 11-01-2018, 10:45 AM

Here is a pick of the new spring installed and a pic of the truck, do the spring coils look too close together to you guys?

Old 11-01-2018, 08:36 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

No, the top ones do that. gives you a smooth ride unless the top ones compress and then the heavier ones kick in.
Anyway what are you complaining about ? truck sits nice.

Quick Reply: More leveling issues