Topic Sponsor

1990 Brake issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 09:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 1990 Brake issues

I happened to be on some mud the other day and noticed that when brakeing the front tires lock up and the back tires continue to push the truck. The anti-lock light has always been on since it was bought years ago. I have read several posts about the brakes and taking into account the complexities was wondering if it is possible to bypass all antilock components and everthing work and still pass inspection. I was thinking about runing a brake line from master Cyl to rear brakes skipping all the junk inbetween. Unplugging the fuse to the rabs (hope that does not disable anything I need). I am also wondering if since the front is disc brakes and the rear is drum brakes if one might lock up befor the other. Has anyone else done something similar? Please respond with any advice or comments.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:09 PM
We'd do it

Received 449 Likes on 402 Posts

The light is on, that means the system is disabled. No need to bypass.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:55 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Resolved

Bled brakes (two big bottles) no help still low pedal. Pulled tires on front looking for leaks found nothing, pads good. Pulled rear tires looking for leaks, none. Drums came off easy, self adjusters not working, readjusted by hand and now all is good!

Quick Reply: 1990 Brake issues