Topic Sponsor

roller rocker adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default roller rocker adjustment?

Roller rocker adjustment?
Ok so here's the problem I'm haveing has anyone heard of it? My build is a 96 f150 5.0 4wd. (4r70w auto just rebuilt and strengthened) gt40 ringed heads trickflow springs w/dampeners scorpion roller rocker 1.6 ratio and comp cam hi-tec hardened push rods. Comp cam extreme energy 35-510-8 hydroelectric roller cam, Bored 30 over with hypereutectic pistons all new lower end barrings, hardened oil pump shaft, idol air adjuster, k&n cold air intake so the problem is that after setting my rockers for the first time, the process I used was starting with the exhaust compressed on cylinder one I tightened the intake to 0 lash (where the push rod just barely quit moving) then turned it 1/2 turn tighter, tightend the polilock and then did exhaust. Continuing to turn the crank as I did all the others. They felt quite tight about 18lbs of pressure to accomplish the 1/2 turn. After everything was installed I had 0 compression indicating to me that the valves were hanging open so I backed the rockers of 1/4 turn this accomplished 60lbs of compression indicating I was going in the right direction. Next I backed them all off to lose and follow the proper sequence of adjustment I tightened them to 0 lash with no preload turn at all, tightened the polilock and tested again. This time I accomplished 120lbs of pressure. My question is has anyone heard of this problem and should I just run it like this?