Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Y adapter for OEM reverse light

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 08:51 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Y adapter for OEM reverse light

I want to wire in a back up camera to work when I put my truck in reverse. The easy way is to tap into the wires leading to the reverse bulb. I dont want to splice into my OEM wires. Would like to leave them intact. Ideally, I would like a y adapter that I could unplug my harness to the reverse light and plug into the y adapter and then plug one end into reverse OEM light and the other splice into camera. I have not been able to find one for a 2017 F150. I see similar concepts but the harness isn't the same. Anyone know of one out there? Seems to be a simple plug and play concept. I could make one if I could get the correct Male harness to wire one up. Any ideas?
Old 05-10-2019, 09:46 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I think what you said is your best option. I would search for the male and female connectors and simply make a small 1' harness that you can splice into. Then if you ever go back to stock or for whatever reason, you just remove this 1' piece.

That's what I was planning to do with my tail lights for resistors, but the Anzo's I bought already had this concept done to them already.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:15 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Adapter

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.

Quick Reply: Y adapter for OEM reverse light