Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Tailgate light question

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 11:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tailgate light question

I'm looking to get a tailgate light on my '17 F150. Read about some issues people had with rear camera not working and BLIS issues. also saw people having issues with the tailgate assist. Is it really as complicated as people make it seem?
Old 03-17-2018, 02:24 PM

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Wondering the same thing. On my 2011, I tapped my LED bar wires in to the turn signals. I assuming that simply doesn't work for the 2017/2018 since there are other forum posts about tapping in to the trailer harness- which isn't ideal since my truck would then think I have a trailer hooked up. Right?
Old 03-18-2018, 02:18 PM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by mandrew13
Wondering the same thing. On my 2011, I tapped my LED bar wires in to the turn signals. I assuming that simply doesn't work for the 2017/2018 since there are other forum posts about tapping in to the trailer harness- which isn't ideal since my truck would then think I have a trailer hooked up. Right?
the 7 pin connection has a dedicated positive and negative line for charging a battery in/on your trailer, but they are not working when the truck is delivered. you have to add a fuse and a relay to the fuse block under the hood, and the truck should have come with them in a plastic bag in the glovebox. that's where it was on the used '13 i bought last year. i installed them and tapped into those lines at the hitch to power my bedlights.

Quick Reply: Tailgate light question