Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Side Mounted Lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side Mounted Lights

I have a 2016 Lariat with a sunroof and I would like to add spot lights along the side of the truck.

I like the side mirror fogs! However, they are not bright enough and shut off when you start moving the truck.

Questions:

1.) Are there any aftermarket light mods for those mirrors from Rigid (for example) that can replace the factory installed lights and be able to turn-on anytime?

2.) Besides the limited number of roof racks to accommodate a sunroof where you could mount side lights, are there any other options out there. I would like to avoid mounting a rack.

Thanks,
Robert
Old 04-02-2017, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 338 Likes on 254 Posts

Are you talking about alley lights or just aux/takedown (forward facing) lights?
Old 04-02-2017, 03:53 PM

lights shining from the left and right side of the truck.

I have the front and rear bar lights taken care of. I was trying to figure out how to do this along the side without a roof rack.

In addition, I didn't know if the side mirror spot lights could be replaced with something brighter and could be modified to work while the truck is moving.

It would be nice to mount rigids somewhere along the side of the truck.

Last edited by rasetruscan; 04-02-2017 at 03:56 PM.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

Again, to clarify...

Are these alley lights (mounted to the left or right side, pointed to the left or right side but facing outwards) or are you trying to figure out a way to get some kind of modified puddle light (mounted to the left or right side, pointed down at the ground).
Old 04-02-2017, 04:09 PM

Got it!!! LOL Sorry for not clarifying.

lights shining out not down.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator

In that case, there's a bunch of things you can do. There are all kinds of pods you can purchase, flood, spot, flood/spot. Bars, pods, whatever. Your choice would be where to mount them and personally, without having seen your vehicle or knowing its specifics, I'd probably go for a type of flood bar, mounted low (maybe in between your nerf bars and the body, pointed out.

But either way I would wire that to a switch and mount it in the vehicle. Given that you're in a 2016, it's up to you if you want to do that or not.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:42 AM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

What about mounting lights to your A-pillar... we sell mounts for the Fords that lets you mount lights on the A-pillar. You could just face them to the sides to light up the side (might hit the mirror though).

Old 05-05-2017, 01:06 AM
Fordless

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4TruckLEDS.com
What about mounting lights to your A-pillar... we sell mounts for the Fords that lets you mount lights on the A-pillar. You could just face them to the sides to light up the side (might hit the mirror though).

I'm very interested in these but can't find them on your website. Can you give me some more information on how to order them and the cost?
Old 05-12-2017, 11:18 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Spot light modification

Originally Posted by rasetruscan
I have a 2016 Lariat with a sunroof and I would like to add spot lights along the side of the truck.

I like the side mirror fogs! However, they are not bright enough and shut off when you start moving the truck.

Questions:

1.) Are there any aftermarket light mods for those mirrors from Rigid (for example) that can replace the factory installed lights and be able to turn-on anytime?

2.) Besides the limited number of roof racks to accommodate a sunroof where you could mount side lights, are there any other options out there. I would like to avoid mounting a rack.

Thanks,
Robert
I installed these a few months ago. Worked out well. Easy install just took alot of time to make a clean install.

Mike

Old 05-12-2017, 02:37 PM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

We don't actually have them but here is what I bought:

http://store.sdhqoffroad.com/2015f15...ghtmounts.aspx

I'd recommend Baja Designs lights (THOSE we sell, on our site, use coupon code F150FORUM for 10% off the Baja Lights).
The following users liked this post:
Foulplay (05-14-2017)