Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Rigid Light Bar and Dually D2's Installed

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 10:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rigid Light Bar and Dually D2's Installed

Installed my Rigid E-Series 10'' Light bar and Dually D2's in the Fog Light hole. I wired the Dually's to the Stock Wire Wire Harness so the Stock switch in the Cab controls them. They will also turn on/off with the High beams. I wired the Rigid LED Bar to the Power lead on my DDM Tuning HID Lights. This means they will turn on/off automatically but will also be controlled by a switch in the cab. So I can turn them off. The Fog's using the stock wiring harness are also obviously auto on/off which I think is the cleanest way to do this.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Note: I bought the Dually D2 Wide's. I Went with these over the Spots because I wanted more of a flood of light. I have noticed i get flashed a lot. I may see if rigid will swap for the spots but well see. I also have the E-Seies 10'' Combo which is awesome.

-Will
Attached Thumbnails Rigid Light Bar and Dually D2's Installed-img_1796-2.jpg   Rigid Light Bar and Dually D2's Installed-img_1798.jpg   Rigid Light Bar and Dually D2's Installed-img_1801-2.jpg   Rigid Light Bar and Dually D2's Installed-img_1802.jpg   Rigid Light Bar and Dually D2's Installed-img_1803.jpg  

Rigid Light Bar and Dually D2's Installed-photo-1.jpg  
Old 08-21-2013, 10:08 PM

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

i love the look. too put D2's in the fog holes. I just wired them to the stock wires so I now pop on the fogs to get them on. I am looking to add another light. Prob a 10 or 20. I am thinking that I will put it behind the grill and just cut out a spot in the grill and wire into the cab with a switch.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:07 AM

For where I mounted the 10'' light bar, I have not noticed any problems. I have an SCT Live wire tuner so I can monitor temps boost ect.. and I have not noticed any change in performance gas milage or responsiveness. I think if you were to mount in the same place with a 10'' you would be fine. I think a 20'' would be too big though. Thats where I think you would start to see some issues.

As I said previously, my Dually D2's are wired to my stock fog light controls then i wired the LED Light bar to the cab to a switch that I put on the left side of the steering wheel next to the light dimmer.

Here is the Custom Switch I mounted in the cab:
Attached Thumbnails Rigid Light Bar and Dually D2's Installed-img_1822.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
MAH (08-22-2013)
Old 08-22-2013, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Warrior3313
Installed my Rigid E-Series 10'' Light bar and Dually D2's in the Fog Light hole. I wired the Dually's to the Stock Wire Wire Harness so the Stock switch in the Cab controls them. They will also turn on/off with the High beams. I wired the Rigid LED Bar to the Power lead on my DDM Tuning HID Lights. This means they will turn on/off automatically but will also be controlled by a switch in the cab. So I can turn them off. The Fog's using the stock wiring harness are also obviously auto on/off which I think is the cleanest way to do this.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Note: I bought the Dually D2 Wide's. I Went with these over the Spots because I wanted more of a flood of light. I have noticed i get flashed a lot. I may see if rigid will swap for the spots but well see. I also have the E-Seies 10'' Combo which is awesome.

-Will

How easy was it to install the fogs? Did you have to make a bracket? I'm looking to add these to my 2010. Thanks for any info.

Dillon
Old 08-23-2013, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by FX4_Texan
How easy was it to install the fogs? Did you have to make a bracket? I'm looking to add these to my 2010. Thanks for any info.

Dillon
It was very easy. Not hard at all. I used this write-up as a guideline for my install. He does a very thorough job of explaining it:

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/rigid-...y-fogs-172326/
Old 08-28-2013, 03:39 PM

Received 100 Likes on 89 Posts

In response to getting flashed; these are off-road lights. Even though we use them for street, they are brighter than high-beams and are not legal for road use. I always turn mine off with oncoming traffic and only use them on back roads to avoid getting a ticket.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:29 PM
SuprSeb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bambi Mod

Alright, I did replace my fog's with Rigid D2'S.... Anyone figure how to do the ''Bambi mod with new F150 models?

Quick Reply: Rigid Light Bar and Dually D2's Installed