Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Retrofit Issue, Passenger light not firing.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 09:18 AM
Ski Bum

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Retrofit Issue, Passenger light not firing.

Hello, hoping to get some guidance on a problem I'm having, I have a FXR 3.0 retrofit and I just changed bulbs to CBI's, also got a brand new D2S Harness for the truck, and brand new ballasts. I've checked my wiring over 3 times, drivers headlight works flawlessly, passenger headlight will turn on during the day when its fairly warm out 55-80 degrees, however after being off overnight, In the mornings when its cooler (40-50 degrees) I come out and it will not fire up at all. I've had this retrofit for a number of years now and the only thing i haven't changed yet are the ingitors. I'm curious if any part of my build is more temperature sensitive than the other. its the only thing i can think of that makes sense at this point for the pass. light not working. Again, I've re-checked all the wiring, added dielectric grease to all the connections. Everything should be functional at this point. any input would be greatly appreciated.

**This retrofit was done to a 2012 halogen headlight.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:47 AM
Ski Bum

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

for anyone potentially interested, or experiencing the same issue, turns out a new ignitor and a bit of dielectric grease solved the problem!

MODs feel free to close this post if you'd like.